Smarter Living

Aqua_Jen
Veterans Day
November 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM

How do you celebrate it, or do you? I come from a family of military men and women and my husband is active duty so I usually send cards and a goody package out to them. This year, hubby gets nothing because he is gone for the month. Oh well.

Replies

• kcook55
    by kcook55
    November 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM

i dont but there having some big thing at ds school and they send a note home today saying they had to wear red. why couldn't they have done that last week so i could have made sure ds has a red long sleeve shirt clean???

• Miss.Cullen
    November 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Eh honestly I don't really do anything. Wish I could help out more but our given situation really doesn't allow for it! And I know no one IRL who is in the military either...

• Sarahb21
    November 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I'm not sure. Normally we don't do much. My SO is a veteran. I found a big list of places he can get free meals. I think we might have lunch and dinner out. :)

• bether89
    November 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I am going to a school presentation at my nephew's school and taking my dad(a veteran).

• KristinRox
    November 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Some years we go to our local cenotaph and go the service where they lay the wreaths with poppies and read "in flanders fields" and read the names of soldiers that died in battle. We call it "remembrance day" here in Canada.

My dd will have a service tomorrow at her school, and there will be 2 minutes of silence. Im glad that they teach the kids to show respect to those that have died for our country.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts