Smarter Living

jeckellette
Some holiday event help (PIOG)
November 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Hi there ladies!! I'm coming to you for a little bit of holiday help. I'm co-chairing the holiday event at my daughter's elementary school, through the PTA. And for the event, we've decided to do a holiday dance. What I'm looking for from you wonderful ladies, is a list of holiday songs that you would play for a group of elementary school children to dance and hang out to.

Also, we were thinking of having some games and crafts at the event that we're planning. What kind of games and craft ideas would you have at an event like this? Something kind of simple, and rather cheap, since our budget for the event is only $500.00.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch, in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

Something that might help, is maybe see what your children would want to see if they were going to be attending an event similar to this.

Replies

• ilovemyboys84
    November 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM

you could have the kids try to name all the reindeers lol or decorate elves...whoever has the most creative...cutest or whatever wins a prize....you could also get paper and write numbers on it and have a raffle type drawing for like a stocking with candy/dollar store things like pencils ect

• malexander2009
    November 7, 2010 at 3:04 PM
    For music I would definately in for Alvin and the Chipmuncks (sp?) I'm seeing about 500 little kids screaming "I still want a hull-a-hoop" LOL!!! As for as crafts go do something like a coloring contest, pin the nose on Rudolf. Simple things like that.
  • jeckellette
    November 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM

FANTASTIC ideas ladies!! Thank you so very much...these are some really great thoughts. I'm really excited to share them with my co-chair! Keep 'em coming!!

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN