mommareynolds09
Husbands and Christmas...
November 2, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I am getting pretty jealous down here ladies!! With all these posts about Christmas and your husband's going crazy on gifts and being involved in the wrapping -- I wanna know how many of your husbands are super involved in Christmas or are they like mine and completely uninvolved?!

I mean, my husband doesn't want to do ANY shopping, no gift ideas, and doesn't care when I talk to him about it. The only things he talks about is the Christmas budget and then this year he's upset because the kids (4 and 2) are going to be getting big gifts from Santa in the form of a Doll House for DD and a Castle for DS. Both about $60 each.

Replies

• StarryRain
    November 2, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Hmmmmmmm. DH is semi active. He doesn't wrap, I do, but he helps with everything I need. He enjoys the holidays, and is the one that set our higher budget for gifts this year.

• eeyoreplus4
    November 2, 2010 at 11:01 AM

DH helps decide what we buy, keeps the budget & avoids wrapping at all costs :)

• slw123
    by slw123
    November 2, 2010 at 11:15 AM

My husband doesn't do anything for Christmas.  I do all of the shopping, all of the wrapping, etc.  I'm lucky if he gets me a gift, last year I went shopping with him and picked out my own gift and he barely was able to get it wrapped and under the tree.

• maisonsmom
    November 2, 2010 at 11:29 AM

My husband doesn't do very much. He does a little shopping a day or two before Christmas, but doesn't wrap anything. He will help with the tree a little bit, but all other decorations, cooking, baking, and card writing is up to me.

• TwinMomma122304
    November 2, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Hubby "helps" lol.  I talk to him about what we're getting the kids, but it's usually me picking things out.  If I give him specific lists, he'll go pick stuff up at the store for me.  He does help me wrap, bless his heart, but he's not really good at it.  ;)

• amy7243
    by amy7243
    November 2, 2010 at 11:32 AM

My husband is the biggest GRINCH I know! He hates the holidays  and everything that goes with them. I am totally opposite I love Christmas!!! 

• Brittany.Dann
    November 2, 2010 at 11:33 AM

DH doesn't wrap but he does put the bigger stuff together and shop with me.

• abkn
    by abkn
    November 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM

My husband is the modern version of Ebizer Scrooge BAH HUMBUG!

• batjmom
    by batjmom
    November 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM

My husband is not involved at all!  He does not care to be either. I don't even think he would notice its Christmas if I didn't decoate and remind him.   I do all the shopping and love every minute of it. I also do all the wrapping and decorating.   

• batjmom
    by batjmom
    November 2, 2010 at 11:37 AM

thats about how it is here.  Kids and I watch all the Christmas specials year after year too 

Quoting amy7243:

My husband is the biggest GRINCH I know! He hates the holidays  and everything that goes with them. I am totally opposite I love Christmas!!!