Smarter Living

owensmom34
What are some fun party games to plan for a preschool party?
January 24, 2010 at 7:16 PM

There will be about 10 kids invited.  Thoughts?

Replies

• KBix
    by KBix
    January 24, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Treasure Hunt....Have a treasure sheet ( i used pictures for the list) hide the treasures in the area and split them up in teams. 10 minute time limit. At the end count collected treasures and winning team gets a big prize and the other team gets a small prize.

My son loves musical chairs and freeze dance.

• tericared
    January 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM

My 8 yr old is giving me some ideas....

Thumbs up...All but 3 of the kids put their heads down,,,no peaking. Then the 3 kids go tap one person each on the shoulder....Kids have to try and guess who tapped them if they guess right that person sits down....

Clothes pin......Kids holds clothespin between their knees and walks a short distance and stands over a bowl and drops the clothespin in the bowl...Can not use hands....

• mom22tumblebugs
    January 24, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Have all kids hold hands in a circle. Put a hula hoop on a couple of kids' arms... the goal is for them to move the hula hoop over their head and step through it to pass it to the next person without letting go of their hands.

• mom22tumblebugs
    January 24, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Quoting KBix:

Treasure Hunt....Have a treasure sheet ( i used pictures for the list) hide the treasures in the area and split them up in teams. 10 minute time limit. At the end count collected treasures and winning team gets a big prize and the other team gets a small prize.

My son loves musical chairs and freeze dance.

There is another song that all the kids LOVE... tooty ta...

• single_and_preg
    January 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM

musical chairs

• single_and_preg
    January 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM

oh ans we played pin the nose on the elmo

• AM-BRAT
    by AM-BRAT
    January 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Quoting single_and_preg:

musical chairs

Good one!

• single_and_preg
    January 27, 2010 at 4:27 PM

BTW is this a B-day party or Valentine Party?

• kmrtigger
    January 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Here is a game if this is for a Valentine's Party. But can easily be changed for any theme.

Catch My Heart:

This game starts simple enough, but as players get the hang of it, tossing another ball or bean bag into the mix could bring on the giggles.
    Difficulty: Easy
    Time Required: 10 to 20 minutes
    Here's How:
    1. This game works best with a group of five to 12 players. Have the children sit or stand in a circle facing each other.
    2. Hand one player a red ball or heart-shaped bean bag (you can make your own heart-shaped bean bags you can make your own heart-shaped bean bags by modifying these instructions for square ones).
    3. Tell the player holding the ball to call out another player's name and then gently toss the ball to them.
    4. The player whose name was called catches the ball and then announces another player's name and throws it to them. Continue this until all the players get a chance throwing and catching the ball. Give the kids some time to feel comfortable with this and challenge them to see how long they can continue without dropping the ball.
    5. Once everyone's feeling confident, throw a second ball into the mix. Now they must keep two balls going without dropping either one.
    6. Again, once they get the hang of that, throw a third ball into the game. And a fourth, if they can handle it.
    7. Have the players see how long they can keep the balls in the air. Start a new round once a ball drops.
    8. The game ends when the kids show signs that they're tired of playing it.
    Tips:
    1. Tell the children to throw the balls or bean bags gently. Not only will they have a better chance of catching them and keeping the game going, but they'll avoid hurting someone.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN