Cafe Jenn
Tree Ornaments
November 21, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Hi Everyone!

How do you decorate your tree?  Do you buy a new ornament each year?  Does your tree have a theme?

Please share photos of your tree.

Replies

• AshBayGrammy
    November 22, 2009 at 9:59 PM

We change color themes every couple years... Here is last years.

• Aurorasmom
    November 22, 2009 at 11:07 PM

we have a ton of vintage ordaments we use every year, but this year i think i am going to actually color-coordinate...i have always wantd to!  i also have been collecting princess ordaments for a couple years, too, so we will see.  i love the pics of everyones trees though!!!!

• carrolmomof3boy
    November 23, 2009 at 6:46 AM

Since all my boys are still young, 8, 5, and 1, we decorate the tree very colorfully!

This is our tree last Christmas

• heidi_val
    November 23, 2009 at 7:11 AM

We always use the same stuff each year.  

• Julie411me
    November 23, 2009 at 7:30 AM

I put anything and everything on my tree.  No themes, no color scheme, it's anything goes!

I've added ornaments through the years such as stuff the kids made, ornaments I picked out especially for them, souveniers of all the places we were assigned and I've always really stocked up when I'd find them on clearance. 

As a result, it's taking me FOREVER to get the tree decorated these days.  LOL  Thats OK though, my girls are almost grown and soon they will be taking their decorations with them. 

• Lisa0626
    November 23, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I don't have my tree up yet, but we have boxes of ornaments. We do get our dd a new one every year!

• mamacalifornia
    November 23, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Our tree colors change every year, we may have purple and gold or blue and silver(with white lights), or even multi colored ornaments(with mulit-colored lights). Everything is colored corridnated no ornagments other then balls and stringed beads that match the theme and the top goes along with whatever theme we have.

• Wow2boyz
    November 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM

I usually decorate with the traditional theme.. lotts of memories ornaments from my boys growing up.. usually their aunt boys them hallmark ornaments every year.

• Tiredmom53
    November 23, 2009 at 3:35 PM

My mom did that for my oldest son for 30 years she went to hallmark and purchased him a special ornanment he had 30 of them he is now 36 my mom has been dead for 5 years.  He just recently got a divorce and his ex broke everyone of them and then burned them. Memories that can not be replaced.

Quoting JennyMarie:

I buy a new Hallmark ornament for each boy every year. And I'll go to Cracker Barrel and pick up some of their ornaments. I like a nice classic theme. My tree normally is cream,gold, burgandy and some red in it.

Sorry I don't have  a picture, they all got deleted off of my camera by mistake