3mom627
How Much Do You Plan to Spend on Your Kids for Christmas?
by 3mom627
November 13, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I am just curious.... About how much do you plan to spend on your teens this year for Christmas????  My DH and I thought $150/kid would be ok??  Like the other mom said, our kids have a nice house, lots of food and a lot of clothes.  I plan on buying stocking stuffers like electric toothbruhes, nail polish, toothpaste, deoderant, etc.  Does this sound ok, or are we being cheap?  BTW, we have 3 teens, 2 DS and one DD + other family and friends.

Replies

• rileya82
    November 14, 2009 at 8:25 AM

About $200 on each we have three ages 2-6.

• kcrunion73
    November 14, 2009 at 8:26 AM

i'm spending less than ever.  my kids are young so they won't really notice... but we do santa, so i don't want them to be disappointed in him!  at least this year there's not a specific "big toy" that i want for them, so i'm looking really hard for sales, and the dollar store has really cute toys for my daughter (and probably my son too... they really improved their toy selection!!)

• mommyluv_24
    November 14, 2009 at 9:24 AM

we have decided, to spend around 200 per child, we have a 11month old and a 8yr old. this will  include clothing, and  comforters, and some toys, and electronics. my only issue is, we spend xmas with his family,  and his sister spends about a 1000 on her daughter who is 10. last year was the first time that my son noticed the difference under the xmas tree. i dont want to be rude, but i think we will have to spend the day at home this year.  i dont want him to feel shorted by santa like he  did last year. i know he wouldnt normally, but its hard when he sees such  a difference under the tree.bouncing mom

• toomanypoodles
    November 16, 2009 at 8:15 AM

I honestly have no idea what gets spent.  I shop all year round, picking things up whenever I see something I think they'd like.  I'm sure it's way too much though!  Maybe I don't want to know!  lol  ;) 

• Zookeeperof4
    December 10, 2009 at 10:18 AM

We plan on about 150 per kid and we are usually very close to that.   What makes it hard is my son is older now and wants more expensive things....so since he knows the truth its either you get one gift to open when the girls have maybe 10 or else change your gift wants.

This year we just came back from Disney so money is very tight.   Its been a trip we planned for three years and ended up hitting many snags in the finances, including a layoff and a huge car repair unexpected 1 week before our trip....had I bought the travel insurance we may have postponed it but I was cheap this time.   Now we are hitting the issue of what to get since even 150 each is hard for us.   

• ohwrite
    by ohwrite
    December 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Our kids are older too, and we spend about $150 each, we try to stay really close to that. I always tend to splurge more on their birthdays. It's easier because we're only spoiling kid at a time then!!

• Ibelongtojesus
    December 10, 2009 at 6:48 PM

$600 per kid, 5 kids.  I am spending more next year because next year my ds needs a laptop for middleschool.  Already got it and am paying on it.  We usually get all our presents in Feb out of tax money.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts