Smarter Living

retsillacam
how do you plan on affording christmas this year?
November 6, 2009 at 6:32 AM

We know most people are hitting hard times this year, and I don't know about anyone else but every single unexpected bill you can think of hit between Oct, and Dec, for us EVERY YEAR! We are going to use layaway this year. We've never used it before and I've always wanted to. We really have no other choice. Oh and we live in GA and we have around 6 pecan trees in our yard. There are places around here you can take them and sell them by the LB, we usually give them away but we selling them this year.

Replies

• Ibelongtojesus
    November 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM

We take out around $1200 for Christmas out of income tax return every year. Regardless.   It is one of the first things to come out.  We know if we wait we will not have the money.  I also buy a few things throughout the year. 

• princessnyprnc1
    November 7, 2009 at 9:33 AM

HUbbys business is booming right now, so we're okay. I put on a layaway at Kmart. The rest , I will finish when I get my Christmas bonus at work!

• faeryheart
    November 7, 2009 at 10:09 AM

I'm not really sure this year. I'm a single mom with 3 boys, my older 2 told me not to get them anything, just to get things for my youngest son (8yrs old). I've been out of work since may, making ends meet by cleaning houses but i just lost 2 because the families go back down to their winter homes until next spring. 

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN