Smarter Living

Featured Posts
Catrin2009
What is On Your Christmas List This Year?
November 4, 2009 at 2:42 PM

So I was wondering what is on your Christmas list this year? It could be something from yours, your kids, another relitive.

As an adult do you still make Christmas Lists? In my family it's a tradition that my Grandparents started and we have always continued to do so.

Replies

• Queenfeld
    November 4, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I used to allow my children when they were young to make a list, then it got to be that they expected everything on that list and IMO turned out to be ungrateful for the items that they did receive,since they were expecting it. So we put an end to the Christmas list. Instead they were allowed to name one item they really wanted and anything else they got was a bonus and a surprise. My kids are all grown now but we've decided to stick with that method for the Grand kids.

I personally don't make a list, I don't want anyone to feel obligated to buy me a gift. If the kids have extra money after buying for their families, then a small gift for me chosen by them from their hearts is perfect,regardless of what it is.

My husband and I say things throughout the year, things like: I could really use that..or Someday I'd like to try one of those. Subtle hints that we each pick up on. After being married for almost 30 years you tend to know what the other person would like without them saying a word.

And I honestly can't think of anything that I REALLY want,other than everyone to have a Merry Christmas!

• GillyMarie
    November 4, 2009 at 2:58 PM

i dont really want much. the only thing i really really want is a gift certificate to the spa.

I do still make a Christmas list for my mom and she makes one for me.  

• Bekah062205
    November 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM

i just told dh a couple things i wanted....i make a Christmas list for dd.....i give her the toys r us ads and she tells me "mommy i want that" and i tell her to put it on her list......she is only 2.5 but i remember what she says and what looks like it interest her.

• BabyBeans0506
    November 4, 2009 at 3:26 PM

I have one of the sweetest hubbys on earth! LOL He always gets me gifts and hides them and makes it look like I am not getting much. Then on Christmas morning he gives me all these gifts. I tell him not too but he does it anyways. He usually gets me two gifts that he gets every year- a new bear, and a Holiday Barbie.

However this year he is telling me I am getting nothing because he got me a house. LOL But he knows I don't expect anything, and just want the kids to be happy.

I really don't want anything honestly.

• KalsMommy
    November 4, 2009 at 3:34 PM

Well I want a Kindle really bad. That is the only thing that I have asked for because I am having the best gift of all, our first dauher in Jan and we had to buy all new clothes and we had to do her nursery! Plus my hubby is buying me  a car this month. So I really don't want anything. If I don't get my Kindle I wouldn't be heart broken because I have everything I want.

Usually my husband and I will mention things to each other that we want!

• MomX04
    by MomX04
    November 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Peace of Mind!

• ireland.runaway
    November 4, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Sigh, I'm 22 years old and still have 4 different families hounding me for Christmas gift ideas for myself, son, boyfriend, parents & siblings (of which I have 10!) It's not fun hunting down ideas for everyone... but I get it done, somehow, within a week or two of their asking. Heck, half the time, I start searching for ideas WELL before Christmas to have something together before the list requests start up! Hahahaha.

One thing I always put on my own personal list (if I can't talk them out not getting me anything) is a book series, or a book I've been wanting. I'm a HUGE bookworm, so that's always the perfect gift for me, and most of my family knows they can always find book ideas that I want on my amazon account!

• Catrin2009
    November 4, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Quoting ireland.runaway:

Sigh, I'm 22 years old and still have 4 different families hounding me for Christmas gift ideas for myself, son, boyfriend, parents & siblings (of which I have 10!) It's not fun hunting down ideas for everyone... but I get it done, somehow, within a week or two of their asking. Heck, half the time, I start searching for ideas WELL before Christmas to have something together before the list requests start up! Hahahaha.

One thing I always put on my own personal list (if I can't talk them out not getting me anything) is a book series, or a book I've been wanting. I'm a HUGE bookworm, so that's always the perfect gift for me, and most of my family knows they can always find book ideas that I want on my amazon account!

Sounds like a plan. I as well am a bookworm (haven't had much time since I've been in school) I love the fact that I can get gift cards, and such.

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts