BabyBeans0506
Inexpensive gift idea for parents of little ones!
November 3, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I wanted to post this as an idea of all of those that may be looking for a gift idea for couples they may know with little ones.

My brother and sister in law last year knew that me and the hubs had our hands full with the kiddos and everything else going on. So for Christmas they purchased us a $50 gift certificate to a local resturant. Tucked in with the gc though was a homemade coupon for free babysitting! They told us that anytime we want all we had to do was give them a call and they would come get the girls and we could have a night out! It was really thoughtful and helpful too us! Because our anniversary was in January we ended up being low on finances, but still had thier gift. So we used it so that we could go out and be together on our anniversary!

Replies

• mommy2xp
    November 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM

yep that's a wonderful idea!! even if they know you will always babysit if they need you to it's a nice way of reminding them. and this way they may not feel so guilty about asking.  (i know i feel quilty if i ask someone lol)

• BabyBeans0506
    November 3, 2009 at 3:39 PM

Yep! :) My brother in law and sister in law do not have any kiddos yet either so they love the girls! Spoil and give them back!

Quoting mommy2xp:

yep that's a wonderful idea!! even if they know you will always babysit if they need you to it's a nice way of reminding them. and this way they may not feel so guilty about asking.  (i know i feel quilty if i ask someone lol)