Hottmomma607
Decorating?
November 3, 2009 at 10:49 AM

When do you all decorate for Christmas? Thanksgiving night? The day after? The 1st of December? Or somewhere between the 1st&Christmas eve? lol

We normally try to do it right after Thanksgiving! The kids love it! This year not sure when we did a lot of furniture changes so may have to rearrange our living room around first.

Replies

• Mom2Annalyssa
    November 3, 2009 at 3:18 PM

We usually put it up the weekend after my dd's birthday, Dec 2nd, but that weekend we are traveling out of state and having a birthday party when we get back.  But SO has the following week off and since I work nights I think we are going to do it during the 2nd week in Dec.

• mommy2xp
    November 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM

i'm having a baby right before thanksgiving, and my second dds birthday is dec 15 so i may wait until after her birthday.  i want her birthday to be seperate from christmas but i still want the tree up a long time, so we will have to talk about this and see what we wanna do.  i had always done it the day after thanksgiving.

• Mel30248
    November 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

The day after Thanksgiving! My SO always moans when I'm like can you bring the tree up from the basement & all the boxes lol I'm sure he'll be like why are you doing it so early Christmas is a month away! Thats exactly my point though We only get a little over a month to enjoy all the Christmas stuff & I love Christmas!

I'll have to get my 22 month old daughter to help put up ornaments wounder how that will go hehe!

• vegepunkstr
    November 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM

We usually do it in the first weeks of december but this is our first Christmas at our new house so I am excited to get it decorated so I think maybe we will start the weekend after Thanksgiving this year.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts