Smarter Living

rileya82
Santa or not?
November 3, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Do your kids belive in Santa?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 88% - Yes
  2. 11% - No
  3. 0% - We don't do the Santa thing

Replies

• Boothfamily
    November 3, 2009 at 9:27 AM

For now they believe in Santa. When they ask me if he's real I tell them the mall ones are fake and ask if they believe Santa is Real and they say YEP!

My oldest-8yr old dd found out the Tooth Fairy is not real bc she asked me and when I asked if she believed she said she didn't know, so I had the talk with her and she was fine. I have a feeling Santa and the Easter bunny will be next!

• jadenember
    November 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM

selfish? Hmm that's interesting.

Quoting mamalinzie:

Ive always thought that line of reasoning was pretty silly, perhaps even selfish. DD opens presents from other family member Christmas Eve, and she knows who they are from. But the ones from DH and I are from Santa. I dont need to take the credit. Just seeing her happy and exciting is enough for me.

Quoting rileya82:

Mine do to, I was just wondering because I have some family members who don't. They say they want their kids to know who got them their christmas gifts. So just wondering if their was anyone else who felt this way.

• ERNAProud
    November 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM

We did Santa every year until this one. Fact of the matter is, my youngest son is 9 years old and we do not have the money we had every other year. Well, he kept on about what he was going to ask Santa to get him for Christmas because I kept telling him we couldn't afford certain things and he just kept saying Santa would get it for him.

Well, I decided to weigh the options...first of all he IS 9 years old, most kids do know the truth by then. The second, should I tell him now and get it over with, or let him be devestated on Christmas morning when we are not able to get him what he wanted and now he thinks Santa doesn't care about him or forgot about him. Well, me and DH decided it would be best to have him upset for a couple of hours about there being no Santa than to be miserable on Christmas.

With our 3yo DD, we decided to go a different route with her.  She really doesn't understand Santa, but since we go to Sunday School on a regular basis she DOES understand Jesus and she DOES understand birthdays, so we tell her it is Jesus's birthday and we are all going to get presents on Jesus's birthday. We are going to have a birthday cake for Jesus instead of cookies and milk:)

• queeniamissy
    November 3, 2009 at 9:57 AM

My kids believe & so do I!  It's just so magical.

• krise
    by krise
    November 3, 2009 at 9:59 AM

YES!  

Smarter Living

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email