Recipes for Busy Moms

mommyinthe303
Do any of you ladies meal plan?
September 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

If so how do you do it. Between games, practices and only 2 nights to actually be home I am almost exhausted to cook. I need some help. LOL

Replies

• goddess99
    September 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I do. I plan 3 weeks at a time. Plan easy crockpot meals and throw in some extra so the next day is leftovers.

• mommyinthe303
    September 5, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Is your grocery bill a lot or not?

Quoting goddess99:

I do. I plan 3 weeks at a time. Plan easy crockpot meals and throw in some extra so the next day is leftovers.

• goddess99
    September 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM

No, if I stick to the meal plan and buy just what we need for those meals it's not bad. Saves us $40-60 a week. Plus I'm mostly vegan so I spend a bit on fruit. Family of 3 with 3 pets, we spend about $120 weekly, we used to spend $160-180. Sometimes it's even under $100, depending on what we're having.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting goddess99:

• mommyinthe303
    September 5, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Nice... Thank you so much. I will go through the link you gave me.  

Quoting goddess99:

No, if I stick to the meal plan and buy just what we need for those meals it's not bad. Saves us $40-60 a week. Plus I'm mostly vegan so I spend a bit on fruit. Family of 3 with 3 pets, we spend about $120 weekly, we used to spend $160-180. Sometimes it's even under $100, depending on what we're having.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting goddess99:

• goddess99
    September 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM

No problem, hope you find several things to try.

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Nice... Thank you so much. I will go through the link you gave me.  

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting mommyinthe303:

Quoting goddess99:

• KaylaMillar
    September 5, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I do meal plan. I look at the ads and see whats on sale and i always see what its my home first. I plan meals off of the for every 2 weeks. Make a list of everything i need for the meals and head to the store. 

• AlyssaN
    by AlyssaN
    September 5, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    This spring with 2 boys in baseball, and this fall with soccer and cross country, I'm relying on crockpot meals and if there's a day off before the next busy one, I make a huge pan of spaghetti or casserole to eat for 2 meals, then on the busy night, its just reheat in oven or microwave before leaving or eat on the way. Also, make picnic type meals and toss in a cooler. Then at the game/practice eat(have the player eat a sandwich or something on the way). I meal plan a week at a time and for 6 of us(2 teens and 10 yr old twins) I average $80-$120 a week, depending on what's going on.
    If you have the space, freezer meals are great too. I also found big salads with meat and lots of toppings with a bread also travel well or eat quickly. Good luck and remember to breathe :)
  • Kimberly954
    Kim
    September 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Absolutely I meal plan. I now plan out ALL meals. I am really trying to cut back on us eating out and spending money.

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    September 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Yes, I meal plan.  It makes my life easier and saves me money at the grocery store.

I would plan crock pot meals on nights that you have practices and games.  That way when you get home you have a hot meal waiting for you.

Also, if you have a day during the week where you can put together some freezer meals, all you have to do is pull dinner out of the freezer and pop it in the oven.  No prep work required.

Recipes for Busy Moms