mrsdukes2008
New To Group...need help with ideas
July 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Hey ladies!!

My name is Kim, I am a wife and mom. I have 2 boys, oldest is 6 and youngest is 6 months. My hubby and I work full time, him nights, and I a mix of days and nights. I recently had my gallbladder taken out so I am on a low-fat/no-fat diet; mainly chicken, ground turkey, and lots of veggies. I am bored with the same routine...if you guys have any ideas for low-fat/no-fat meals. I am not a fan of fish, and I slowly started to eat some pork and cheese again.

Thanks.

Replies

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    July 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Hi Kim, welcome to the group!

• Kimberly954
    July 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Welcome to the group! I am Kim as well! :)

Thats hard because that would be a bland diet correct? How long do you have to be on this diet?

• jjamom
    by jjamom
    July 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    Can you use any type of oil or maybe spray? Roasted veggies and meats and stir fry (with lots of veggies and lean meats, with a light oil or spray) comes to mind. Roasting can bring out natural flavors and you can use fresh herbs and spices to bring flavor.
  • OliviaW.
    July 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM
    Welcome! I got mine out a few years back.
  • KaylaMillar
    July 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM

welcome to the group! Could you do a turkey meatloaf? I alway drain the fat out and its really good. Stir frys would be good, chicken pitas....

• periwinkle163
    July 9, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Welcome to the group!

• gymgirl
    by gymgirl
    July 9, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Well for fats to get in that are healthy. nuts and extra virgin oil . I loathe fish so i get 4-5 caps a day of fish oil. It helps me get my essential fatty acids in and helped me with cholesterol lowering. I have a disorder I have super high cholesterol which made me lose weight and change my diet. Very low fat, Si can help u. chicken and turkey can be soooooo boring. Here r others foods. sweet potato-cottage cheese-greek yogurt-ect....

for like dinner u could also make a lean pork chops w/mashed cauliflower and a steamed vegi. I will post a recipe on this group for it. It taste so so so much llike real potato but healthier. i love mashed potato's :).

lean beef once inahile or turkey burgers-sweet poato fries w/that would be a great low fat meal.Turkey chili-2 cans of low fat beans w/lean turkey meat and stewed tomatoes. cook in slow cooker for 4 hours slow and there is a meal.

egg whites for breakfast r awesome for low fat. u can really spice them up.

• mylilprincesses
    July 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    Welcome to the group!
  • goddess99
    July 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Hi welcome to the group!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts