Recipes for Busy Moms

OliviaW.
Bacon, in the oven?
May 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I've seen it on pintrest and my sil says she prefers it from the oven. Since I'm making blt grilled cheese sandwiches tonight I figure I'll give it a try.

It seems fairly simple to do. Have a cookie sheet lined with goil. Place bacon n foil (make sure jo are touching or over lapped). Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. If the bacon is thick you'll have to drain it half way through.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-perfect-oven-bacon-107970

I'll post pictures after I'm done.

Replies

• ballerina.2006
    May 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    We use a cookie cooling rack on a cookie sheet then the bacon is able to drain all the grease and fat instea of cooking in it :)
  • OliviaW.
    May 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    I think I'm going to use my broiler pans.

How does it turn out. From the pictures it looks good. Is it really chewy?

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We use a cookie cooling rack on a cookie sheet then the bacon is able to drain all the grease and fat instea of cooking in it :)
  • CoastieWifey83
    May 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I've done it. Came out good!

• SweetLuci
    May 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I've been doing it this way for years. Lots more grease bakes out. I've tried doing it on a rack, but then the bacon often sticks to it and that's a mess, and it's really hard to clean the rack. By putting it on a foil lined pan or a parchment paper, it's easy cleanup.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    May 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting ballerina.2006:

I've tried the "on the sheet" method-OP-honestly I would go with this method ballerina.2006 suggested-this will allow the grease to drip and the bacon to crisp up better.

• SweetLuci
    May 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM

It's very crisp. It cooks more evenly than on the stovetop in a pan. It doesn't curl up as much, like with uncooked parts. it's pretty flat. All the grease cooks out.

• ballerina.2006
    May 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    We use turkey bacon so it took a little longer to crisp up but it crisps very nicely since it isn't sitting in grease.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

• mckinneymom918
    May 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Very crisp and yummy. This is how I do it
  • OliviaW.
    May 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    That's good to know. I'm going to make turkey and regular bacon.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We use turkey bacon so it took a little longer to crisp up but it crisps very nicely since it isn't sitting in grease.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

• goddess99
    May 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM

hmm interesting

Recipes for Busy Moms