Recipes for Busy Moms

OliviaW.
Bacon, in the oven?
May 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I've seen it on pintrest and my sil says she prefers it from the oven. Since I'm making blt grilled cheese sandwiches tonight I figure I'll give it a try.

It seems fairly simple to do. Have a cookie sheet lined with goil. Place bacon n foil (make sure jo are touching or over lapped). Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees. If the bacon is thick you'll have to drain it half way through.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-perfect-oven-bacon-107970

I'll post pictures after I'm done.

Replies

• ballerina.2006
    May 15, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    We use a cookie cooling rack on a cookie sheet then the bacon is able to drain all the grease and fat instea of cooking in it :)
  • OliviaW.
    May 15, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    I think I'm going to use my broiler pans.

How does it turn out. From the pictures it looks good. Is it really chewy?

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We use a cookie cooling rack on a cookie sheet then the bacon is able to drain all the grease and fat instea of cooking in it :)
  • CoastieWifey83
    May 15, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I've done it. Came out good!

• SweetLuci
    May 15, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I've been doing it this way for years. Lots more grease bakes out. I've tried doing it on a rack, but then the bacon often sticks to it and that's a mess, and it's really hard to clean the rack. By putting it on a foil lined pan or a parchment paper, it's easy cleanup.

• ZsMommy
    by ZsMommy
    May 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Quoting ballerina.2006:

I've tried the "on the sheet" method-OP-honestly I would go with this method ballerina.2006 suggested-this will allow the grease to drip and the bacon to crisp up better.

• SweetLuci
    May 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM

It's very crisp. It cooks more evenly than on the stovetop in a pan. It doesn't curl up as much, like with uncooked parts. it's pretty flat. All the grease cooks out.

• ballerina.2006
    May 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    We use turkey bacon so it took a little longer to crisp up but it crisps very nicely since it isn't sitting in grease.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

• mckinneymom918
    May 15, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    Very crisp and yummy. This is how I do it
  • OliviaW.
    May 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    That's good to know. I'm going to make turkey and regular bacon.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We use turkey bacon so it took a little longer to crisp up but it crisps very nicely since it isn't sitting in grease.

Quoting OliviaW.:

Quoting ballerina.2006:

• goddess99
    May 15, 2013 at 2:43 PM

hmm interesting

Recipes for Busy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN