Recipes for Busy Moms

momma4vr
Going Shopping and Idk what to get?! help meee
May 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM

ok... I am looking for some new yummy quick recipies....

Things my household doesnt eat:

fish/seafood any kind

mushrooms

that is all i can think of lol...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd GO! lol

Replies

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    May 15, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Pulled pork is easy.  Get a pork roast, throw it in the crock pot with a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce and an onion sliced up.  Let cook all day then shred with a fork.  Serve on buns or over rice.

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    May 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM

How about shepherds pie?  Brown some ground beef and drain.  Chop up a small onion and cook it til translucent.  Mix the beef, onion and a can of drained corn (or you can use frozen) in a casserole dish.   I like to grate some cheddar cheese and mix it in also.  Top with mashed potatoes then a layer of mozzarella cheese.  Cook 350 for about 30 minutes.

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    May 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Shake and bake is simple.  I usually do pork chops.  Just shake and toss in oven.  Serve with rice or roasted potatoes and a veggie.

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    May 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Stir fry is very simple.  Marinate your meat if you want to but you don't have to.  Stir fry in a little oil then remove.  Add your cut up veggies and cook til tender crisp.  Add the meat back in with whatever "sauce" you want to use.  I usually just use chicken broth and thicken it up with a past of corn starch, water and soy sauce.

Serve over rice.

• KaylaMillar
    May 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Ingredients
    • 1 – lb. fresh broccoli Break in pieces, and steam for 2 minutes.
    • 3 cups cooked chicken breasts  – Break up in small pieces
    • 3 cups Grated Cheddar Cheese divided
    • 2 tubes Ritz Crackers
    • 1  stick melted butter
    • 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
    • SAUCE:
    • ⅓ cup Butter- melted
    • ¼ cups Cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup COLD Water
    • ⅓ cup Chicken Broth
    • ¼ tsp. Salt
    • ¼ tsp Pepper
    • 2 Cups Milk
    • 1½ cups of the above Cheddar Cheese

Instructions
    1. In greased 13×9 pan, layer the broccoli and chicken, then set aside.
    2. In saucepan over medium heat, combine the melted butter, cornstarch dissolved in water, chicken broth, seasonings, and milk. Stir well, and continue stirring until sauce has thickened.
    3. Turn heat down to low, and add 1- ½ cups grated cheddar cheese. Stir until melted.
    4. Pour over the chicken and broccoli.
    5. Top with 1- ½ cups grated cheddar cheese.
    6. Melt the butter, and add the poppy seeds, and stir well.
    7. Crush Ritz crackers in large zip-lock bag with a rolling pin. Don’t crush too small. Add crumbs to the melted butter. Sprinkle crumbs over the top of the grated cheese.
    8. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until hot & bubbly.
  • lovestoread0708
    May 15, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Shake and bake pork chops is a huge hit in my house! Normally serve them with homemade mashed potatoes and corn.

Quoting KamsOne:

Shake and bake is simple.  I usually do pork chops.  Just shake and toss in oven.  Serve with rice or roasted potatoes and a veggie.

• lovestoread0708
    May 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM

What about breakfast? It's inexpensive and always a go to meal for my house.. I mix it up and will do eggs, toast and turkey bacon..... eggs, toast and sausage links... pancakes.. I have thrown chocolate chips in the pancakes sometimes too, my kids love them.

• lovestoread0708
    May 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Italian dressing chicken.

Take chicken and cut into bite sized pieces. Put it in a bowl that you can cover and add 1 bottle of italian dressing. Set it in the fridge over night. When ready to cook it dump it all in a frying pan (With the italian dressing too) and I cut up onions and put it in with mine.. Cook until the chicken is done and then I drain the extra italian dressing off and cook a little while longer to brown the chicken.. I serve ours with long grain and wild rice.

• lovestoread0708
    May 15, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Steak... I buy whatever steak is on sale. At my grocery store I can normally get 2 steaks for around $5.. I put butter (lots of it) in a frying pan, add my steak, season it with garlic salt, pepper and a little seasoned salt, cut up an onion and add it in.. Cover and let it cook until it's done. Our steaks are always juicy and so good..

I normally serve our steaks with fried potatoes and onions.

Recipes for Busy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN