Recipes for Busy Moms

stephs5isenough
LOW On Cash~I need Very Cheap Meal Ideas Please
April 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I am working to plan our menu for the next couple of weeks but we are in a crunch and need to feed our family of 6 (us and 4 teens) on a very low budget for the next 2 weeks. We can buy one thing of cheap meat if we need to, like maybe a bag of chicken that can be used for a couple of meals. For the most part, I need to just get some good ideas for cheap, meatless meals. Can anyone give me some good ideas PLEASE?

Replies

• Kimberly954
    April 28, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I recently posted that I made 6 meals that feed 6-8 people each meal for under $40. Search for Chicken Spaghetti. I used a large bag of quarters which was inexpensive. Cook in bulk like that.....use one to eat, freeze a couple. Its the cheapest way to make big meals!

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    April 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Grilled cheese sandwiches

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    April 28, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Breakfast for dinner

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    April 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Can you swing a pound of ground beef?  You could do a hamburger gravy and serve it over noodles.

• KamsOne
    by KamsOne
    Jen
    April 28, 2013 at 10:41 PM

How about loaded baked potatoes?

• SugarrCane
    April 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Chili Fritos

Ingredients:

1 lg. can Dennison's Chili

Shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 lg. bag Fritos

Heat up the chili and scoop it onto the fritos (in a bowl), top with shredded chedder cheese. :D

• SugarrCane
    April 28, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Tuna Casserole

1 can. tuna

1 pkg. Kraft macaroni & cheese dinner or Velveeta shells and cheese.

Cook the Kraft dinner as directed; add the tuna (drained) and cook a little longer until warm.

• SugarrCane
    April 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Corned Beef Hash

Ingredients:

Chopped potatoes; 1 can corned beef

Directions: Cook the potatoes and add the can of corned beef in a skillet.

Serving Suggestion:Serve with corn on the side and a salad with mayonaisse as the dressing.  It's really good! :)

• SugarrCane
    April 28, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Chili Cheese Fries

Ingredients: French Fries (you can get generic brand for about $1 a bag), 1 large can of Chili (I use Dennison's), and shredded chedder cheese.

• ElizabethBennet
    April 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
    Things I make when $$ runs short....
    1)tortellini soup--water, boullion cubes, canned tomatoes, cooked ground meat or canned beans, any frozen veggies, and tortellini...bring to a boil then simmer until tortellini and veggies ate done, about 10 min.

2)quesadillas--flour tortillas, canned corn, canned pinto beans, chopped bell pepper, chopped tomatoes, and shredded pepper jack cheese...fill between 2 tortillas and heat in large skillet on both sides...slice into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve with sour cream and salsa and rice.

3)blt pasta--cooked bow tie or spiral pasta, cooked bacon crumbled, cherry tomatoes halved, chopped romaine lettuce, ranch dressing, shredded jack cheese...mix all together and serve with toasted and buttered french bread.

4)egg salad sandwiches--chopped hard boiled eggs, chopped celery, chopped red bell pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, mayonnaise & mustard, Mrs. Dash table seasoning, and salt & pepper...mix all together and fill between 2 slices of bread toasted and serve with a apple slices.

5)tater tot casserole--oil a baking casserole dish and layer in: cooked ground meat cooked with onions+garlic+tomato sauce+salt+pepper, next layer cooked rice, next layer drained canned corn, last layer frozen tater tots....cook @ 350 for about 30 min. Or till tater tots are done. Finally top with shredded cheddar cheese and heat until cheese melts and serve with sliced tomatoes.

**Add, omit, or switch out any ingredient on these recipes depending on what you have on hand. Enjoy :)

Recipes for Busy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN