Caribbean Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thawed non-alcoholic pina colada mix, divided
- 1 cup tangerine or mandarin orange segments
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- Combine chicken and 1/4 cup pina colada mix. In a large skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook and stir chicken mixture over medium
- heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set
- Combine the tangerines, celery, pineapple, onion and olives in a
- large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mayonnaise,
- cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and the remaining pina colada mix.
- Add chicken and romaine to the tangerine mixture; drizzle with
- dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Lemon Pepper Chicken SaladThis is an easy grilled chicken salad to prepare. By using the dressing as a marinade you combine the flavors from beginning to end.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 slices, red onion
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:Combine olive oil, lemon juice, Tabasco and thyme in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir until even. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken breasts and onion slices on a plate. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the dressing over them. Turn to coat. Let sit between 5 minutes and 4 hours. Preheat grill. Place chicken on grill and cook about 5 to 6 minutes per side when one side is done add the onion slices. When done remove from grill and cut chicken into thin strips. Separate onion slices into rings. Toss chicken, lettuce and onion together on individual plates. Top with remaining dressing and feta cheese and serve.
spicy shrimp salad
For 4 people
1 head of romaine
2 ears of grilled corn, sheared, or 1 cup of cooked corn
1/2 an onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp minced garlic
2-3 tsp sea salt, to taste
1/8 c. Canola oil
1/8 c. tapatio or other hot sauce
1 tbsp ranch dressin
2 lbs jumbo or large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails off and rinsed and dried
In a large skillet, heat oil. Add garlic and sea salt, saute for about 3 minutes. Add shrimp, cook until almost done, add corn and hot sauce, heat through. Cool shrimp mix until just warm.
In a large salad bowl, add chopped romaine, onion and ranch dressing and toss. Add ENTIRE contents of skillet to prepped salad mix, toss until coated and mixed in.
If you need a cooler dressing, don't add corn to skillet while shrimp is cooking, and decrease hot sauce by a tbsp or so.....or offer the ranch as a side dressing to cool it down.
Garden Salad with Chicken, Egg and Olives
4 cups mixed salad greens torn in bite-size pieces
1 can (4.5 ounces) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
1 small green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch rings (about 7 rings)
1 small tomato, cut into 6 wedges
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing or Italian herb dressing
Sliced red onion for garnish
- Arrange the salad greens, chicken, egg, pepper, tomato and olives on 2 plates. Spoon the dressing over the top. Garnish with sliced red onion, if desired.
Heart Healthy Chicken Salad Stuffed TomatoesFrom: Campbell's KitchenPrep: 15 minutesServes: 4
You won't miss the bread a bit...these elegant and easy-to-make stuffed tomatoes make a refreshing alternative to sandwiches.
2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped celery
1/2 small onion, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
1 can (12.5 ounces)* Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
4 medium tomatoes
6 cups shredded lettuce
Stir the yogurt, mayonnaise, celery, onion and chicken in a medium bowl.
Cut each tomato into wedges, cutting down to about 1/2 inch of the bottom, without cutting all the way through the tomato.
Place 1 1/2 cups lettuce on each of 4 serving plates. Top with a tomato and spoon 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into each tomato.
*Or 3 cans (4.5 ounces each)
Nutritional Values per Serving
Using Swanson Premium Chunk White Chicken in Water: :Calories 143, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol 43mg, Sodium 488mg, Total Carbohydrate 10g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein 17g, Vitamin A 30%DV, Vitamin C 31%DV, Calcium 4%DV, Iron 4%DV
Citrus Spinach Salad
1 package (10 ounces) spinach leaves, washed and torn in bite-size pieces
2 large oranges, peeled and separated into sections (about 2 cups)
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups Pepperidge Farm® Classic Caesar Croutons
1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette
- Arrange the spinach, orange sections, onion and croutons on 4 plates. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
April 17, 2011 at 4:39 AM
April 17, 2011 at 4:39 AM
April 17, 2011 at 4:40 AM
- by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Do you have a safeway(or vons) near you?? They have a broccoli coleslaw mix that is FANTASTIC!!! It is so much crisper than the typical cabbage style. We LOVE it!
The dressing we prefer is:
1/2 cup mayo
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
2 TB sugar
2 TB cider vinegar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp celery seed
salt and pepper to taste
April 27, 2011 at 11:54 PM
- by Group Mod Luci on Apr. 21, 2011 at 6:25 PM
1 lb. pasta (bow tie is very pretty)
½-1 lb. shrimp
½ lb. asparagus, cut into bite size pieces, steamed then chilled
8-oz small jar artichoke hearts
8 oz. hearts of palm
½ red pepper, julienned
½ cup celery leaves, diced
½ cup sliced green onions
1Tbsp. diced lemon rind
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ cup olive oil
1-2 Tablespoons fresh herb mixture, (I like dill, parsley and chives)
1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
Salt & pepper
Prepare pasta as package directs. Make dressing. Add to pasta. Add rest of ingredients.
Adding just this small amount of shrimp makes it affordable, but it seems luxuriously rich.
April 27, 2011 at 11:54 PM
- by Group Mod Luci on Apr. 21, 2011 at 6:26 PM
Pretty Pasta Salad
1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon dried dill weed
Lawrey's Seasoned salt to taste
1/2 cup diced red onion
8 ounces frozen green peas, thawed
8 ounces diced fully cooked lean ham
8 ounces cubed sharp Cheddar cheese
2 sprigs fresh dill, for garnish
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the bow tie pasta, and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse well with cold water, then toss with the olive oil, and set aside.
Stir the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, dried dill, and Seasoned salt until smooth. Fold in the onion, peas, ham, Cheddar cheese, and bow tie pasta. Garnish with dill and serve