Breast Cancer Awareness Group

elfling811
Very sad Christmas for me...UPDATE
December 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM
I got a call from my doctor a few days before Christmas. I knew that I hadn't been feeling good for months, so she ran a bunch of tests. Well, the results came back that I now have a form of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My breast cancer has not returned that we know of, so now I have to have more scans and a bone marrow biopsy after the first of the year for staging. I am exhausted, hurting and scared of having to go through chemo all over again :-(

When I talked with my oncologist, she said that it is likely a complication following the intense radiation therapy I had almost 2 years ago for the breast cancer.

We haven't told many of our family members yet...I need to get to a point where I can think about it without crying. We haven't told our 4 year old DD yet....if I don't have to have chemo I don't know that I will. I want to enjoy my time with her while she is still innocent of this knowledge. She thinks mommy is all better and I just can't face telling her that mommy has cancer AGAIN :-(

I knew this was a risk going into the radiation treatment and thought I would get to be one of the lucky ones that it didn't happen to.

I just feel so sad and lost. And scared. Soooo scared :-(

UPDATE: I had a nice visit with my oncologist and she told me that though she cannot definitively say that I don't have lymphoma, she is not concerned about it at this time. She wants me to redo my labs and CT scan in March to see if there are any changes. She will be doing a bone marrow biopsy in six months if my labs it changed and it is warranted. I see this is very good news and it is a very big relief for me and my family! Thank you ladies for all the prayers and positive vibes!

Replies

• glynch
    by glynch
    December 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM
    I'll be praying for you.
  • Nora_A
    by Nora_A
    December 27, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I am so sorry that you're having to deal with cancer yet again. I will keep you in my prayers.

• elfling811
    December 27, 2012 at 3:58 PM
    Thanks ladies!
  • busygramma4
    December 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM

My sister in law had Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She' one of my very bffs. I'm sorry you're at this point. If you need to talk let me know. 

• taniamorse85
    December 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I'm so sorry.  I'll be praying for you.

• hopealways4019
    December 28, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    So sorry, ,hope you beat cancer again.
  • CCampbell39571
    December 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Im praying for u and your family and that GOD heals your body.

• sanibelblueyezz
    December 29, 2012 at 3:23 PM
    So sorry to hear your news. My 17 yr old niece had nonhodgkins lymphoma & had chemo for 6 mos. & she is now a yr. clean. Do not give up hope. I know the waiting for test results is the hardest part. Sending healing hugs.
  • JAYEDEEN
    December 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    I was never told of many of the consequences of radiation treatment for my breast cancer three years ago. I trusted the doctors. I was soooo WRONG! It's 3 years later and as I face possible cancer in each breast (tumor in each one) I am a lot more educated and a lot more cautious. I have more testing this Friday. I wish you the best and please let us all know how you are doing.
  • Vixiel
    by Vixiel
    January 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

prayers for you and your family

Breast Cancer Awareness Group

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts