Breast Cancer Awareness Group

babyboomer1977
my neighbor and her breast cancer story!
November 16, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I went to check my mail yesterday and my neighbor was there and she came up to me and said this!

I heard you have breast cancer! And I said yes! We got to talking and she told me that she was diagnosed with the same type of bresast cancer that I have! Than she told me that her doctor suggested for her to take the hormone pill called Tamoxifen.

She than told me that her doctor told her that if she didn't take the hormone pill that it would cause her to be in pain and it would cause her to have cancer again! She told her doctor that she did not want to take this hormone pill because of the side effects! She also asked her doctor what she would do! The doctor could not give an answer back to her!  My nieghbor has been cancer free for 12yrs this year since she was diagnosed and did not take her hormone pills!  This is a true story ! My neighbor made me realize that my life is up to me and how I live it! Not my doctor!  It made me feel a whole lot better too!

Replies

• JAYEDEEN
    November 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    I quit taking my pills due to side effects when I was first diagnosed with cancer three years ago. I am waiting for test results this Wednesday as to whether the new mass I found is cancer also. But even if it is I would not take the pills. I want a quality of life and the side effects don't give me that.

Breast Cancer Awareness Group