Thyroid Issues and Concerns

drsdolphin
Graves Disease
September 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Hi my name is Dawn. I was diagnosed with Graves disease last year. I was admitted to the hospital for a week with pneumonia that collapsed my lung. During my stay I had addressed a concern about my losing 27 pounds in a month without dieting or an explanation for the weight loss I got excessively thin.  I was also having a rapid heart rate and was very tired.  During my hosptial stay tests were done on my thyroid and found out it was Graves disease.  August of last year I had to get the radioactive iodine treatment and had to be quarantined for a week. My thyroid is now non-functioning. I am also on a beta blocker for my rapid heart rate and am having a battle to get my weight regulated.  I am on Levothyroxine. 

Replies

• LilyPondOasis
    September 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Welcome to the group. Sorry for the slow response as I recently started a new job. 

I am on levothyroxine as well for hypothyroidism. I have not had a thyroid scan in years. 

Hope the meds are helping you and you feel better now. Take care.

• Amanda52007
    September 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Hi! Your story sounds like my daughters. At the age of 5, she had the radioactive iodine pill to destroy her thyroid.

• drsdolphin
    September 17, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Wow that is a young age. Hope she is doing okay.

• HEAVNLI1
    September 24, 2013 at 3:09 AM

I had the RAI in November of 2007.   I take Synthroid 88 daily.  It took ealry 2 years for me to get my diagnosis and that seems to have taken a toll on my body.  I now have Cealic Disease and if I eat gluten at all my body doens not absorb the Synthroid and my numbers get out of whack.  It seems I have a lifetime battle on my hands.  

How do you feel daily?

• drsdolphin
    September 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I am tired all of the time. I also have Type II diabetes so that does not help much.  I'm on Levothyroxin 175 daily.

Thyroid Issues and Concerns

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts