Thyroid Issues and Concerns

Erikadeich
Question
August 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Can thyroids mess with ur menstral cycle? We r trying to get preg and the dr said I'm not ovulating. Could thyroids be the problem w that too?

Replies

• brjdaniels
    September 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

from what I have read and I have been doing a lot of research for the past week as my son's thyroid levels were elevated it said that in Hyperthyroidism it could mess with you menstral cycle. I'm not sure about hypo because i didn't research that much.

• Erikadeich
    September 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM
    Oh ok Ty

Quoting brjdaniels:

from what I have read and I have been doing a lot of research for the past week as my son's thyroid levels were elevated it said that in Hyperthyroidism it could mess with you menstral cycle. I'm not sure about hypo because i didn't research that much.

• LilyPondOasis
    September 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Hi there! Welcome to the group!! I apologize for not being in here much, school started here in FL and I've been busy! 

I had a hard time getting pregnant myself. I was off medication though for years ( I later found once on Synthroid...always on it ) but it took me over a year of trying to get preggo.

Ask your doctor about this as well. I have hypothyroidism. 

Good luck! Hope the Doc can help answer your questions. 

• Erikadeich
    September 4, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    Thanks , I've been on meds for 4 yrs , asked my dr about it and they said mines were off so it could be my thyroids off, I almost did other test and I am not ovulating so dont know y, hoping to get prego when they can get me ovulatin,

hope ur days is going good :)

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Hi there! Welcome to the group!! I apologize for not being in here much, school started here in FL and I've been busy! 

I had a hard time getting pregnant myself. I was off medication though for years ( I later found once on Synthroid...always on it ) but it took me over a year of trying to get preggo.

Ask your doctor about this as well. I have hypothyroidism. 

Good luck! Hope the Doc can help answer your questions. 

Thyroid Issues and Concerns

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts