Featured Posts
MsBlueBelle
Do you jump on a new fad or wait until it suits you?
March 17 at 12:10 AM

There are some new fads that I wait a long time before I will buy something that reflects the fad.  I am a classic dresser, but like to add my own twist on it.  I am not afraid of color or patterns, it makes me unique.  There are some fads I am so glad I never picked up on.

I have a lot of basics in my wardrobe, a lot of navy, black and red.  If orange or purple shows up, okay I will check out my local Goodwill and buy a top or shoes in that color.  So, if it is a dud for me, I am only out a few dollars. 

So, how do you handle when a new fad hits the stores. 

Replies

• jellybeanjean
    March 17 at 7:30 AM

I usually jump on colour trends. Fashion trends......depends on if I like how they look....I  like to keep current, but I don't go overboard with being super trendy.

• Vinterland
    March 17 at 9:34 PM

If I see something I like, I'll buy it but I don't completely follow everything. I just buy what I like pretty much.

• Jenniy
    by Jenniy
    March 17 at 9:40 PM

Meh, I'll keep my jeans, converse and fandom and superhero shirts. lol

• Sparkler16
    March 17 at 9:42 PM
    If I like something I wear it. I'm not concerned so much with fads. That's not to say if something new is out and I like it I won't try it, but I'll never buy or wear anything just for the sake of being trendy. I'm very in to fashion and style and honestly if a fad is being over done I'm more likely to avoid it on purpose
  • MsBlueBelle
    March 17 at 9:42 PM

These are my Converse!

• amberNewman0213
    March 17 at 9:44 PM
    Ehh I seem to stick with the same things and add a few pieces when there is something I like. I'm addicted to maxi dresses and skirts in the summer.
  • MsBlueBelle
    March 17 at 9:51 PM

I wear dresses.  I own one pair of jeans.  Two pairs of dress slacks.  I was a size 30W, now a 18W and a dress is more flattering on a larger woman, imho.  I like maxi dresses, but some of them, that fit me now, I am cutting off about 12 inches.  I like to show off these legs that look like legs again.

The problem I find with my plus size clothes is that companies think I am 85 years old and still in love with polyester.  Mumu's, big shirts, tunics, etc.  I am 53 but not ready for the blue hair crowd looks.  Am I alone in this issue? 

• Twisted_Halo
    March 17 at 10:06 PM

I wear what compliments me

• kika.fleur
    March 18 at 5:03 AM

I basically wear what I like, though I always buy a few pieces each season - mostly tops. I have a lot of classic-wear, especially for the office because it's easier. Shift dresses, princess cuts, wrap dresses, pant suits suit me but those don't ever go out of season. I have long dresses, and now that I am on a sabbatical I've acquired more casual wear. Jeans, cargo pants, t-shirts, shirts.

I have loads of accessories, a lot of them vintage, whether jewellery (costume and real), watches (super cheap and expensive) as well as handbags. Different kinds of shoes. Shoes and handbags I always get a few each season but again I am drawn towards stuff that will last me a few years. Drawers full of scarves.

• MsBlueBelle
    March 18 at 9:54 AM

shopgoodwill.com is where I shop online to get my fix of vintage and new items.  You can shop at any goodwill in the USA and you win the auction (5 days) plus shipping, flat rate and sometimes one cent or free.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN