The Beauty & Style Lounge

Featured Posts
PipSqueek1582
Hey all you make-up experts...and junkies
January 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I have a make-up question here...I'm looking for that perfect long lasting make-up (foundation specifically) for my wedding day.  I'm ok with my every day foundation- I use bare minerals.  But it's just not going to cut it for my wedding day.  I need something that's going to last into the wee hours of the night!

I know different foundations work for different skin- so my particular skin- well, I'm 30 so I have a few of those "expression lines" starting to show- ok...I have some wrinkles!  My skin is generally on the dry side, but I have a few breakouts now and then.  I know that taking care of your skin regularly is important- I use my Philosophy and BioElements regularly.  but I just haven't found that foundation that lasts all day, doesn't look "made-up" and doesn't clog my skin up.

Anyone tried Make Up Forever HD system?  That's the one I'm thinking of trying now...but if anyone has some advice- I'd love to hear!

Replies

• Zadidoll
    January 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM

L'Oreal is way too pink and too orange for me. MUFE is among the few that has yellow based foundations.

• littlemascara
    February 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

ditto.  their eyeliners are also reallllly long lasting, especially if you cry!

Quoting Zadidoll:

I love MUFE Mat Velvet+ and their HD foundations however depending on your skin type and how much coverage you want you may want to test these products out first. I suggest getting samples from your local Sephora - if you have one - or order from Sephora.com if you end up not liking it.

• leanntx
    by leanntx
    February 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    Since you already use Philosophy, try using their tinted moisturizer, followed by The Present, then your normal Bare Minerals. After applying that, use Hope Springs Eternal as a finishing mist (as a bonus, it adds extra moisture and smells GREAT). When I ran a cosmetics counter, my make-up had to last about 16 hours with no touch ups, and I never had a problem! Plus, no breakouts!!

The Beauty & Style Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts