Featured Posts
PipSqueek1582
Hey all you make-up experts...and junkies
January 31, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I have a make-up question here...I'm looking for that perfect long lasting make-up (foundation specifically) for my wedding day.  I'm ok with my every day foundation- I use bare minerals.  But it's just not going to cut it for my wedding day.  I need something that's going to last into the wee hours of the night!

I know different foundations work for different skin- so my particular skin- well, I'm 30 so I have a few of those "expression lines" starting to show- ok...I have some wrinkles!  My skin is generally on the dry side, but I have a few breakouts now and then.  I know that taking care of your skin regularly is important- I use my Philosophy and BioElements regularly.  but I just haven't found that foundation that lasts all day, doesn't look "made-up" and doesn't clog my skin up.

Anyone tried Make Up Forever HD system?  That's the one I'm thinking of trying now...but if anyone has some advice- I'd love to hear!

Replies

• Zadidoll
    January 31, 2013 at 11:03 PM

L'Oreal is way too pink and too orange for me. MUFE is among the few that has yellow based foundations.

• littlemascara
    February 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

ditto.  their eyeliners are also reallllly long lasting, especially if you cry!

Quoting Zadidoll:

I love MUFE Mat Velvet+ and their HD foundations however depending on your skin type and how much coverage you want you may want to test these products out first. I suggest getting samples from your local Sephora - if you have one - or order from Sephora.com if you end up not liking it.

• leanntx
    by leanntx
    February 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    Since you already use Philosophy, try using their tinted moisturizer, followed by The Present, then your normal Bare Minerals. After applying that, use Hope Springs Eternal as a finishing mist (as a bonus, it adds extra moisture and smells GREAT). When I ran a cosmetics counter, my make-up had to last about 16 hours with no touch ups, and I never had a problem! Plus, no breakouts!!
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN