The Beauty & Style Lounge

Featured Posts
ToYnyc
Whats an appropriate age for a girl to start wearing makeup?
by ToYnyc
January 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM

And how much is an acceptable amount?

teen girl

Replies

• my4boys2002
    January 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    Maybe eyeliner and lipstick at 17
  • ToYnyc
    by ToYnyc
    January 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM

does the color of the lipstick matter?

Quoting my4boys2002:

Maybe eyeliner and lipstick at 17

• .Holly.
    by .Holly.
    January 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    I started around 6th grade with lipgloss and mascara. I think that was all, I can't remember exactly.
  • littlemascara
    January 29, 2013 at 11:09 PM

My daughters started in 7th grade.  I showed them how to apply stuff, and also good skin care.  It think that's a personal choice you make about your kid.  Both my daughters wanted to wear heavy black liner... I decided that wasn't a battle really worth fighting.  They both outgrew that, but had I made it an argument everyday, well, it was would have just been an argument about makeup every morning and there are way bigger issues at that age.  I figure the point of makeup is experimenting with how you look anyway, so there was n reason to allow makeup all if I was going to be the dictator about it.  Anyway, like I said I think it's a personal choice you make about your kid like what kinds of movies they can see, when they start dating, etc.  There's no one right time or thing, it's between you and your child.

• irishmommy81
    January 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM

My daughter is turning 14 in a few weeks and I only let her wear mascara and a soft lip gloss, not to much color.

• erikays
    by erikays
    January 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM
    My daughter 2 likes to play "dress up" when I get ready for work :)
  • ToYnyc
    by ToYnyc
    January 30, 2013 at 9:42 AM

i wore eyeliner and clear fruit flavored gloss at 12 and 13, i was 15 when i was   allowed to wear lipstick out of the house.

• lynettemommie4
    January 30, 2013 at 10:21 AM

My daughter is turning 12 next month. We may start with the basics and light on whatever we go with it. I dont wear much makeup and never have.

• jellybeanjean
    January 30, 2013 at 10:44 AM

middle school. I would suggest she use gloss instead of heavy lipstick....

• MommeisQueen
    January 30, 2013 at 2:46 PM
    I would say skincare and Lipgloss at 12...makeup 15 or 16 but really light natural stuff that I help them choose.

The Beauty & Style Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts