The Beauty & Style Lounge

Featured Posts
ToYnyc
Whats an appropriate age for a girl to start wearing makeup?
by ToYnyc
January 29, 2013 at 8:07 PM

And how much is an acceptable amount?

teen girl

Replies

• MamaMandee
    January 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I would say that is a personal choice. I let my oldest start in 6th grade, she dosnt wear to much even now in 8th grade. 

• KelliansMom
    January 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM

in middle school i was allowed to wear mascara and lip gloss or lip balm and I could practice with other products at home but could wear it out of the house. I had been in dance so I had done the full on stage makeup but mom always attacked me with cold cream before we left the theater lol. 

If i had a daughter i would the same

• 3mom627
    by 3mom627
    January 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I think 12 or 13 is acceptable as long as they don't look too made up.  I think mascara and lip gloss is good around that age and work their way up.

• LexeesMama
    January 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I would say about 15 -16 for eyeliners and such maybe. DD is 13 and surprisingly when we were just playing around one day i realized she doesn't need any. She's autistic and could care less but i still like to make her feel like a girly girl sometimes lol. The makeup takes away from her natural beauty imo.

• 0Glitter0
    January 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM

i painted my nails young and my grandma would let me play with her makeup and show me how to use it but they didnt pile it on or anything or let me wear it out in public until i was around  17 if i remember correctly, i would let my girls wear lip gloss young but not heavy eyeshadows , liners and things cause schools wont allow it and i always say until you are out of highschool then you can wear what you want as long as it isnt too much cause i dont care how old they are i am gping to tell them , lol

The Beauty & Style Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts