The Beauty & Style Lounge

Featured Posts
CafeMom Team
Would you recommend vitamins to others?
January 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Strong and Healthy are two qualities which never go out of style. We believe that beauty is something you feel from within and we want to hear your thoughts.

We recently gave 20 moms the opportunity to try the Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins. The Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Hair, Skin and Nails formula provides extra strength support you need for lustrous hair, enviable skin and strong nails.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your pharmacist or health care provider before purchasing and/or consuming any healthcare products

Tell us...
Would you recommend vitamins to others?

We can't wait to hear from you!

** The CafeMom Team

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• MichelleK41
    January 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Mom says because he did not want to run a risk of her catching any time of virus, etc. and vitamin C is suppoe to help boost your system to ward things like that off. They still have her taking it every day.

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting MichelleK41:

I would def. reccomend vitamins to others. My mother had major heart surgery and during her recovery her heart surgeon made sure she had Vitamin C once a day.

That's interesting, do you know why he recommended Vit C?

• jessicasmom1
    January 9, 2013 at 8:11 PM

this one yes .. maybe I got to see active ingrediants .. alleriges in this family

• Wish2Be
    by Wish2Be
    January 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I would definitely tell people to use vitamins. :)

• AimSnapHolz
    January 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM

This pretty much exactly. Especially if they were pregnant or had a certain health issue like anemia.

Quoting sanj1213:

I would if I knew they didn't eat a healthy diet. Vitamins help you get some of those vitamins and minerals you don't get from not eating so healthy. Sometimes it's hard for me to get all the vitamins and minerals from what I eat. I know I could add more of a vegetable variety in my diet.

• kellynh
    by kellynh
    January 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Good advise... Always check with your doctor first

Quoting momof3_dll:

Yes I would but would make sure they consult their MD first in case they have underlying health condtions that I may not know about.

• Sisteract
    January 10, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I would tell them what I take and why, but I would not recommend other vitamins- I am a nurse and have a license to protect-

• ceciliam
    January 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I have had people ask me for recommendations and I have given my opinion.

• bahamamama61
    January 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    I recommend Vitamins, and Home Remedies, also! Whatever a person needs, to be healthy, an feel good! :)
  • Zadidoll
    January 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM

No I would NEVER recommend vitamins for people. My recommendation has always been TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR FIRST! Most OTC vitamins - especially ones marketed to hair, nails and skin typically contain an overdose of minerals and vitamins which can cause long term health problems to the liver, stomach and other organs.

Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions Extra Strength Hair, Skin and Nails vitamins actually contains 1667% above the recommended dose of Biotin. It also contains 333% more than the recommended dose of Thiamin and excess Thiamin can cause high blood pressure which in turn if the person already has hypertension this can lead to more problems or even possibly a heart attack. Overdoses of biotin can lead to kidney and liver damage.

NEVER take ANY vitamin or mineral without first talking to your doctor and if possible a blood test to determine if you are deficiant in minerals and vitamins.

• bigbabymama119
    January 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I would most definitely recommend people to take vitamins.  However, you need to be careful which vitamins you are taking...some cause more harm than do good.  Due to soil depletion our fruits and vegetables are not as rich in minerals and vitamins.  Also, we are eating way too many processed foods.  So even if we think we are eating well...we truly are not.  There was a study that stated you would basically need to live on a farm and grow your own fruits/veggies to have a rich enough diet.

The Beauty & Style Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts