Be honest, how many days a week do you go to get dressed with every intention of putting on a cute outfit -- only to break down and throw on yoga pants because they're just so darn comfy you can't help yourself?
All moms do it, because we're smart, and because it's a whole hell of a lot easier to manage the gazillion things we have to do on any given day if we aren't confined by zippers, buttons, and the like.
Just yesterday, I woke up and went to the closet and grabbed a pair of jeans, and then the work-at-home mom in me kicked in and said, "Wait a minute -- I'm not leaving the house today, so why waste a good pair of jeans? Yoga pants it is."
And you know what? I think they looked pretty darn good. I'll be the first to admit that I used to consider the traditional yoga pant "mom uniform" a bit on the frumpy side -- but lately, every time I see a mom out and about in her yoga gear, I look at her and think, "Wow. She looks so cute! Wonder where she got those pants ..."
Good news ladies, it seems that yoga pants aren't just for the gym anymore. Here are 20 other places you can wear them with pride and not feel like you're committing some huge fashion faux-pas.
More from The Stir: 5 Pieces of Clothing Every Mom Needs
- The airport -- Duh. Traveling and uncomfortable clothes just don't mix.
- The grocery store -- Yoga pants + stocking up on healthy foods = "I wanna be just like her."
- The bus stop -- A real no-brainer. It's early, it's cold, and you haven't had your shower yet.
- Soccer practice -- Because you never know when you'll be asked to step in and assist with coaching.
- The park -- Going down the slide with your kids is way easier in stretchy material.
- The doctor's office -- You're already sick (or your child is), so there's no need to get all formal.
- The hairdresser -- What if your stylist spills hair dye on your clothes? Yoga gear is much easier to wash.
- School pick-up -- Hey, you just worked out, right? No time to change before grabbing the kiddos.
- The spa -- Who wants to deal with rolling up tight jeans while getting a pedicure? No, thanks.
- The movies -- Um, hello? Nice clothes are a magnet for fake popcorn butter.
- The mall -- Trying on clothes is such a pain when you have too many buttons and zippers to undo. Yoga pants will help you save time so you can hit up more stores.
- Girls' night in -- You're headed to your friend's house for chick flicks and wine. Why bother getting all dolled up?
- The DMV -- Sitting or standing in line for hours requires pants you can easily shift positions in so your legs don't fall asleep.
- Road trips -- See #1.
- Out to breakfast -- Breakfast is casual, greasy, and you're probably going to eat a lot. It's best to be prepared.
- Out to lunch -- Still fairly casual, and people will assume you're headed to the gym afterwards.
- Out to dinner -- Well, as long as you're at a kid-friendly joint, yoga pants are perfectly acceptable. (Note: Do NOT wear them on date night, though.)
- Anywhere if it's laundry day -- Everything else is in the wash. That's your story and you're stickin' to it.
- Bowling -- Yeah, you need to be able to move if you're going to throw a strike.
- Bulk-shopping stores -- How on earth are you supposed to carry 200 boxes of macaroni and cheese if you don't have maximum flexibility?
Did I leave any places off this list? Where else can moms get away with yoga pants?
November 16, 2012 at 1:27 PM
by ae86mommyNovember 16, 2012 at 1:44 PMNo. Def not.
November 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Yes I do. All the time. lol I have to wear real clothes all week! The weekends are free to be in yoga pants... ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. lol
by momof3_dllNovember 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Only wear them at the gym
by lilbit53009November 16, 2012 at 2:45 PM
lol i always look cute even in my yogo pants so i dunno what the big deal is
i wear them all the time on the weekend unless i'm going out somewhere nice
November 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM
The only time I wear yoga pants out of the house is a)if I'm not going to be getting out of the car or b)if I'm really sick (or while I was recovering from surgery).
November 16, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Yes I do..I need to get some new pairs.
by chloemom531November 16, 2012 at 3:23 PMYea the victoria secret love pink ones
November 16, 2012 at 5:51 PM
yeah I do... I have the bootcut kind and since I spend a lot of time in DR offices, they are perfect.