Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
What is your "mom uniform"?
November 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What do you wear that you consider part of your mom uniform?

Tired of Your 'Mom Uniform'? Get a Mom Makeover! 

Posted by Jenny Isenman on November 14, 2012 

Do you feel like you’re caught in the rut of rolling out of bed, donning the "Mom Uniform" with a ponytail, and heading out to start your day?

I don’t! That's because I make a conscious effort not to get stuck in the "mom trap."

Look, I’ve let go of lots of things: workouts with any regularity, my ability to have a glass of wine midday, my affinity for "me time." But I refuse to give up the glam! I don’t care if I’m at the park with my stilettos digging into rubber mulch -- I simply won't let my style go (it’s all I have left!).

And in that spirit, this week on The Jenny Isenman Show, I’m the expert. Watch after the jump and I’ll share a couple of my favorite tips for going from forgettable to fabulous, like:

• How to make your knockers knock-outs.
  • How to make your mane magnificent.
  • How to emphasize your eyes.

What's your mom uniform?

Replies

• ae86mommy
    November 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    I usually wear jeans and a nice tee, but I always do my hair and makeup :)
  • do11face
    November 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

If I'm just hanging around the house it's yoga type pants, shirt, cardigan.

If I go somehwere it's dress, cardigan, flats or boots.

• FlyingMommy747
    November 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

If I am out and about with my daughter, I do try to look my best.  This time of year it is usually a sweater, jeans, boots and a leather jacket.  One thing for sure, I make sure everything I wear is washable.  I always do my hair and make-up, have my nails done and wear my jewlery and some accessories.

• chrisnjoesmom
    November 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I wear jeans and a nice top usually. Always wear makeup when I am going to leave the house.  Don't usually do my hair.  Or nails.  But I have no reason to run around doing errands with my breasts popping out  or wearing tons of makeup.  I have no need for such attention.  I think I look fine the way I am.  If anything, I should style my hair more often, but that's it.  

• momof3_dll
    November 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I wear makeup every day and fix my hair, wear usually jeans and a nice top.  And wear jewelry every day as well.

• jellybeanjean
    November 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

At home its usually a  t-shirt/tank top with a sweater and jeans or a sweatpants or yoga pants. If I'm going out I dress up....even to the grocery store lol. No uniform - it depends on my mood.

• Jenniy
    by Jenniy
    November 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Typically it's jeans and either one of my Superman shirts or a Captain America one. lol I love my superheros

• CorpCityGrl
    November 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I wear make-up everyday and fix my hair.  I'm usually in jeans, riding boots or flats, a sweater or a t-shirt/tank top and a cardigan.  Even after having DD, I refused to succumb to the whole "mommy look" that people talk about because I think making that small effort to do yourself up goes a long way in how good you feel about yourself.

• TrulyMicka
    November 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

around the house...sweats & a tee shirt...going out with kiddies...jeans & a cute shirt...sneakers or flats

• erienne06
    November 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    Around the house? Pjs

Going outside? jeans and a nice top or sweater
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN