The Beauty & Style Lounge

Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
What is your "mom uniform"?
November 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What do you wear that you consider part of your mom uniform?

Tired of Your 'Mom Uniform'? Get a Mom Makeover! 

Posted by Jenny Isenman on November 14, 2012 

Do you feel like you’re caught in the rut of rolling out of bed, donning the "Mom Uniform" with a ponytail, and heading out to start your day?

I don’t! That's because I make a conscious effort not to get stuck in the "mom trap."

Look, I’ve let go of lots of things: workouts with any regularity, my ability to have a glass of wine midday, my affinity for "me time." But I refuse to give up the glam! I don’t care if I’m at the park with my stilettos digging into rubber mulch -- I simply won't let my style go (it’s all I have left!).

And in that spirit, this week on The Jenny Isenman Show, I’m the expert. Watch after the jump and I’ll share a couple of my favorite tips for going from forgettable to fabulous, like:

• How to make your knockers knock-outs.
  • How to make your mane magnificent.
  • How to emphasize your eyes.

What's your mom uniform?

Replies

• ae86mommy
    November 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    I usually wear jeans and a nice tee, but I always do my hair and makeup :)
  • do11face
    November 15, 2012 at 2:14 PM

If I'm just hanging around the house it's yoga type pants, shirt, cardigan.

If I go somehwere it's dress, cardigan, flats or boots.

• FlyingMommy747
    November 15, 2012 at 2:21 PM

If I am out and about with my daughter, I do try to look my best.  This time of year it is usually a sweater, jeans, boots and a leather jacket.  One thing for sure, I make sure everything I wear is washable.  I always do my hair and make-up, have my nails done and wear my jewlery and some accessories.

• chrisnjoesmom
    November 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I wear jeans and a nice top usually. Always wear makeup when I am going to leave the house.  Don't usually do my hair.  Or nails.  But I have no reason to run around doing errands with my breasts popping out  or wearing tons of makeup.  I have no need for such attention.  I think I look fine the way I am.  If anything, I should style my hair more often, but that's it.  

• momof3_dll
    November 15, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I wear makeup every day and fix my hair, wear usually jeans and a nice top.  And wear jewelry every day as well.

• jellybeanjean
    November 15, 2012 at 3:35 PM

At home its usually a  t-shirt/tank top with a sweater and jeans or a sweatpants or yoga pants. If I'm going out I dress up....even to the grocery store lol. No uniform - it depends on my mood.

• Jenniy
    by Jenniy
    November 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Typically it's jeans and either one of my Superman shirts or a Captain America one. lol I love my superheros

• CorpCityGrl
    November 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM

I wear make-up everyday and fix my hair.  I'm usually in jeans, riding boots or flats, a sweater or a t-shirt/tank top and a cardigan.  Even after having DD, I refused to succumb to the whole "mommy look" that people talk about because I think making that small effort to do yourself up goes a long way in how good you feel about yourself.

• TrulyMicka
    November 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM

around the house...sweats & a tee shirt...going out with kiddies...jeans & a cute shirt...sneakers or flats

• erienne06
    November 15, 2012 at 3:42 PM
    Around the house? Pjs

Going outside? jeans and a nice top or sweater

The Beauty & Style Lounge

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts