The Beauty & Style Lounge

Cafe AmyS
What is your "mom uniform"?
November 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What do you wear that you consider part of your mom uniform?

Tired of Your 'Mom Uniform'? Get a Mom Makeover! 

Posted by Jenny Isenman on November 14, 2012 

Do you feel like you’re caught in the rut of rolling out of bed, donning the "Mom Uniform" with a ponytail, and heading out to start your day?

I don’t! That's because I make a conscious effort not to get stuck in the "mom trap."

Look, I’ve let go of lots of things: workouts with any regularity, my ability to have a glass of wine midday, my affinity for "me time." But I refuse to give up the glam! I don’t care if I’m at the park with my stilettos digging into rubber mulch -- I simply won't let my style go (it’s all I have left!).

And in that spirit, this week on The Jenny Isenman Show, I’m the expert. Watch after the jump and I’ll share a couple of my favorite tips for going from forgettable to fabulous, like:

• How to make your knockers knock-outs.
  • How to make your mane magnificent.
  • How to emphasize your eyes.

What's your mom uniform?

Replies

• eztwins
    by eztwins
    November 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Jeans, boots, long sleeve tee, some sort of accessory(scarf, long necklace, etc.) make up, hair up in a claw clip.  Thats pretty much it.  The only variation is a pull over sweater in colder months with the same type of accessory.  The sweater is pretty much just a warmer version of the tee lol.

• kaygarcia97
    November 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

This is pretty much it minus the bracelet and rings.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Around the house i wear sweat pants and a tshirt. Out and about i wear jeans and a sweater. I always wear makeup when I go out. I have my hair in a ponytail all the time..its too short to look good down.
  • autiemama516
    November 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

My Mom uniform is yogay pants and t shirt around the house. Going out is jeans and a sweater. To feel really good I put in contaacts and fix my hair and makeup...

• Karla1948
    January 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My hair is naturally semi-curly; I just brush it. Makeup yes, but conservative, especially in summer. I do go all out on my nails; they're always long and well manicured. Either a blouse and slacks (once in awhile jeans), or a casual dress. Shoes, most of the time open-toe or peep-toe pumps, heel height between 2 and 3 inches.

• timon95
    by timon95
    January 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM

t-shirt and jeans.

• sukainah
    January 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Sometimes I wear a long black abaya or jeans with a long shirt.

• DOMTITI
    by DOMTITI
    January 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    I do not wear makeup everyday, it's bad for the skin and I need to stay wrinkle free as long as possible. I wear facial sunscreen 365 days a year! I havent left the house without screen since I was 15 years old;) My "uniform" are warmups, mostly juicy couture. Yoga outfits, Nike. Any workout lines. I personal train so, its my "work" uniform also. Jeans on occasions. I keep it simple. But for occasions I do it up.
  • Bob192
    by Bob192
    January 12, 2013 at 3:20 AM

yoga pants and a t-shirt

The Beauty & Style Lounge