Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
What is your "mom uniform"?
November 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I saw this in The Stir - What do you wear that you consider part of your mom uniform?

Tired of Your 'Mom Uniform'? Get a Mom Makeover! 

Posted by Jenny Isenman on November 14, 2012 

Do you feel like you’re caught in the rut of rolling out of bed, donning the "Mom Uniform" with a ponytail, and heading out to start your day?

I don’t! That's because I make a conscious effort not to get stuck in the "mom trap."

Look, I’ve let go of lots of things: workouts with any regularity, my ability to have a glass of wine midday, my affinity for "me time." But I refuse to give up the glam! I don’t care if I’m at the park with my stilettos digging into rubber mulch -- I simply won't let my style go (it’s all I have left!).

And in that spirit, this week on The Jenny Isenman Show, I’m the expert. Watch after the jump and I’ll share a couple of my favorite tips for going from forgettable to fabulous, like:

• How to make your knockers knock-outs.
  • How to make your mane magnificent.
  • How to emphasize your eyes.

What's your mom uniform?

Replies

• eztwins
    by eztwins
    November 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Jeans, boots, long sleeve tee, some sort of accessory(scarf, long necklace, etc.) make up, hair up in a claw clip.  Thats pretty much it.  The only variation is a pull over sweater in colder months with the same type of accessory.  The sweater is pretty much just a warmer version of the tee lol.

• kaygarcia97
    November 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

This is pretty much it minus the bracelet and rings.
  • ZakkarysMom
    November 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Around the house i wear sweat pants and a tshirt. Out and about i wear jeans and a sweater. I always wear makeup when I go out. I have my hair in a ponytail all the time..its too short to look good down.
  • autiemama516
    November 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

My Mom uniform is yogay pants and t shirt around the house. Going out is jeans and a sweater. To feel really good I put in contaacts and fix my hair and makeup...

• Karla1948
    January 11, 2013 at 9:06 AM

My hair is naturally semi-curly; I just brush it. Makeup yes, but conservative, especially in summer. I do go all out on my nails; they're always long and well manicured. Either a blouse and slacks (once in awhile jeans), or a casual dress. Shoes, most of the time open-toe or peep-toe pumps, heel height between 2 and 3 inches.

• timon95
    by timon95
    January 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM

jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    January 11, 2013 at 11:51 AM

t-shirt and jeans.

• sukainah
    January 11, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Sometimes I wear a long black abaya or jeans with a long shirt.

• DOMTITI
    by DOMTITI
    January 11, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    I do not wear makeup everyday, it's bad for the skin and I need to stay wrinkle free as long as possible. I wear facial sunscreen 365 days a year! I havent left the house without screen since I was 15 years old;) My "uniform" are warmups, mostly juicy couture. Yoga outfits, Nike. Any workout lines. I personal train so, its my "work" uniform also. Jeans on occasions. I keep it simple. But for occasions I do it up.
  • Bob192
    by Bob192
    January 12, 2013 at 3:20 AM

yoga pants and a t-shirt

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN