The Beauty & Style Lounge

rocky_mtn_mama
How long does it take you to style your hair?
November 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I have medium-long hair and it seems to take me forever to dry it.  I've found that if I pull it up and do it in layers it goes a lot faster.  I do the same thing for curling/straightening and just do it in layers.

It probably takes me about 15 minutes to either curl or straighten my hair after it's dry by doing it this way.

Replies

• ae86mommy
    November 15, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    I'm a wash and go lady lol. I just wash my hair at night, it dries while I sleep, and I have a natural wave that I like to keep :)
  • rocky_mtn_mama
    November 15, 2012 at 12:59 PM

I often do that as well... most days actually.  I don't like to wash daily though so the second day I'll either throw it in a ponytail or style it nicely.

Quoting ae86mommy:

I'm a wash and go lady lol. I just wash my hair at night, it dries while I sleep, and I have a natural wave that I like to keep :)

• momof3_dll
    November 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM

My hair is about 3-4 inches below my shoulders and it takes a couple hours to air dry my hair.  Blow drying only 10min.  Straightening or curling takes me about 20 min.  I straighten and curl my hair the same as you do, in layers.

• sweetmissy_05
    November 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I don't do anything with my hair.

• FlyingMommy747
    November 15, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Most days I take a showere when I get home from work in the afternoon, and just let my hair dry naturally, as it is naturally curly/wavy.  Then in the morning I just use a flat iron on the bangs.

If I do my hair, I straighten it, and it is a whole process that takes about an hour as my hair is super thick.

• KDBeckham
    November 15, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Maybe 10 minutes to dry, it is about an inch or so above my shoulders. Then if I leave it straight (natural) I use a round brush while drying and that adds in an extra 10 minutes. If I curl it, the curling takes me about 10-15 minutes.

• blondiemomof2
    November 16, 2012 at 6:48 AM

When I dont just let it air dry I want to say about 20 minutes.

• JakesMom712
    November 16, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    About 4 hours. I can do two hours if im really rushing.
  • mommy_jessika
    November 16, 2012 at 6:52 AM
    Woah that's a long time is your hair super thick
    My sister takes about the same as you

Quoting JakesMom712:

• JakesMom712
    November 16, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    It is and long. Its a bitch to do. It takes about 30-45 minutes to blowdry. Plus I have to oil it, moisturize it because I use chemicals. Snd flat ironing takes forever

Quoting mommy_jessika:

Woah that's a long time is your hair super thick

My sister takes about the same as you

Quoting JakesMom712:

The Beauty & Style Lounge