Featured Posts
Cafe AmyS
How does Salma keep her skin looking young & beautiful?
October 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

She eats!  Yep, that's what she says... from The Stir: 

Salma Hayek Eats Her Way to a Botox-Free Glow

Posted by Adriana Velez on October 6, 2012 

salma hayekYou know how Salma Hayek is gorgeous and looks immortal, like she drinks the blood of baby unicorns every morning? Well she's finally let us in on her secret to looking so young and spectacular: She eats fat and drinks wine. Yeah, I'll have what she's having! (Says the woman who ate bacon and a whole avocado for lunch today.)

Salma's serious. Here's what she told Harper's BAZAAR: "I am on the limit of chubbiness because I love my food and my wine. It's not the best for fashion, but it's good for my mood." Snort, Salma, you-- chubby? That's hilars. No but really, tell us more.

"I am happy because I eat. I am 46 -- I will not have Botox. You know why? Because I eat! I eat the fat, I eat the vegetable, I eat everything." OMG, me too! So why don't I look like you? Actually, I've always thought my younger sister (who is also gorgeous) looks a lot like Salma, which kind of makes me feel like I almost look like Salma. But I do not look like Salma. Only Salma looks like Salma. And she looks like that even though (because?) she eats everything.

But I think she's got something there. Being happy (satisfied, full, not hungry) does give you a natural glow that not even Botox can compete with. And those lipids probably help fight wrinkles, right? I mean, didn't the also immortal Helen Mirren once say that when we get older we have to choose between our face and our ass? There you go.

And now here's Salma explaining why we never, ever see Victoria Beckham smile. (And by the way, if I were fucking this I'd have a silly grin plastered on my face every second of every day, just saying.) "If you exercise too much and you don't eat enough, it takes its toll on the skin. Everything starts ageing. And you know what? You look miserable."

Okay, she wasn't specifically talking about Victoria. And obviously she's in total denial over how kind the genetic lottery has been to her and how much easier it is to be beautiful if you live on a ginormous pile of LVMH money. But if you can dig past all that I think she makes an important point. Relishing all kinds of foods -- the fatty and the nutritious -- makes you a happier person, and that's going to make you look more radiant. I completely, 100 percent agree with that. It's my philosophy, too. I'm just not quiiiite as radiant as Salma.

Do you think enjoying all kinds of foods -- including fats -- can keep you looking young and beautiful?

Replies

• momof3_dll
    October 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    Yes I do to a point and its just a matter of moderation. There are good fats. Processed foods are never good for you....whole foods are key I think. But mainly I think genetics play a huge role in how fast or slow your appearance ages.
  • blondiemomof2
    October 8, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Well, I think that being happy can keep you looking beautiful.....And food sure does make me happy! LOL

• littlemascara
    October 8, 2012 at 4:23 AM

I agree, and Salma was just born extradordinaryly beautiful too.  She looks better at 46 than a lot of women half her age.

• sophiesmom07
    October 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Of course, everything in moderation. I don't deprive myself of something I really want, but I don't gorge on it either.

• Chillisarah
    October 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I say sure and she is gorgeous.

• erikays
    by erikays
    October 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM
    Sure but in moderation, don't go eat pizza everyday lol
  • AgapeLove2U
    October 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM

they eat alot of collagen

• jenniferlee_12
    October 9, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I agree!!

Quoting blondiemomof2:

Well, I think that being happy can keep you looking beautiful.....And food sure does make me happy! LOL

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN