Sewing Diaper Divas

.Angelica.
needles
January 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I know to use ball point needles but is there a specific size I should be using? I sew with PUL outer microfleece inner.

Replies

• Sarita33
    January 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
    I have used all sizes without issue. Smaller is better but at the same time needs to be able to go through all layers no problem. I usually get a multipack.
  • .Angelica.
    January 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

that is what I've had was universal ball point but wasn't sure if a certain size was best.

Quoting Sarita33:

I have used all sizes without issue. Smaller is better but at the same time needs to be able to go through all layers no problem. I usually get a multipack.

• Sarita33
    January 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    I know some of mine say 90/14, others are 80. I have them in a plastic needle holder so I don't have the package to look at. But I do think any will work.

Quoting .Angelica.:

that is what I've had was universal ball point but wasn't sure if a certain size was best.

Quoting Sarita33:

• perfect01
    January 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I buy mine at Joann's and if it is a package of ball point or jersy knit needles they are always 14.  I sew through 2 layers PUL for assembling the diaper, 4 layers for the topstitching and elastic casing areas of legs and back.  I always change needle and thread to a universal 16 sharp for making the inserts since if I don't, the 14 ballpoint often breaks.  I have never had a problem with leaking diapers from needle holes.  I just wash them on hot and dry them on hot for 30 mins.

• .Angelica.
    January 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I have a serger now so my inserts are made on that :) lol thanks.I haven't had any issues but figured that since i need to buy more I would see if there was a specific size I should get.

Quoting perfect01:

I buy mine at Joann's and if it is a package of ball point or jersy knit needles they are always 14.  I sew through 2 layers PUL for assembling the diaper, 4 layers for the topstitching and elastic casing areas of legs and back.  I always change needle and thread to a universal 16 sharp for making the inserts since if I don't, the 14 ballpoint often breaks.  I have never had a problem with leaking diapers from needle holes.  I just wash them on hot and dry them on hot for 30 mins.

Sewing Diaper Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts