Sewing Diaper Divas

1sttime_mommy20
new!!
December 31, 2012 at 7:06 PM

hey i'm Ashley and i have a son who just turned 3 months on Christmas. His name is Aiden. I love to sew things for him!! I have done burp cloths, crib sheets, mittens, ect. I was wanting more patterns to sew!! So if anyone has any patterns that would be awsome!!! I would like to start using cloth diapers but what are the pros and cons of cloth diapers??

Replies

• Sarita33
    December 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    Welcome :) At the top of the page there is a red sticky and a few yellow ones, there you will find tons of info, patterns, and tutorials.

Benifits are that cloth is cheaper in long run, cuter, more comfortable, better for the environment and the most important is they do not contain all the nasty chemicals that disposables contain. They also have many options and choices.
  • 1sttime_mommy20
    December 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

AWSOME THANK YOU SO MUCH AND THANKS FOR THE WELCOMING!!

• xtwistedxlovex
    December 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I'm just getting over a cold and have a horrendous headache right now, so I can't think well enough to answer your questions clearly - but here is a post full of patterns, many of which are free: http://www.cafemom.com/group/10225/forums/read/11649669/Diaper_Directory_Updated_9_25

Rita's Rump Pocket is a good starter pattern.

• 1sttime_mommy20
    December 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

THANK YOU!! =)

• .Angelica.
    December 31, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Welcome! My son's birthday is September 25th too! Except he is 5. lol

• Sarita33
    December 31, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    This is me too, with a sick child attached to me too :( Feel better!

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I'm just getting over a cold and have a horrendous headache right now, so I can't think well enough to answer your questions clearly - but here is a post full of patterns, many of which are free: http://www.cafemom.com/group/10225/forums/read/11649669/Diaper_Directory_Updated_9_25

Rita's Rump Pocket is a good starter pattern.

• 1sttime_mommy20
    January 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM

aww lol that's soo cool!!!

Quoting .Angelica.:

Welcome! My son's birthday is September 25th too! Except he is 5. lol

• JamiLou
    by JamiLou
    January 1, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Welcome! I just wanted to tell you the biggest pro of cloth diapering for me is I don't have to worry about running out of diapers. I have 5 kids, so an extra load of laundry isn't too big a deal for me. 

• 1sttime_mommy20
    January 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

awsome thanks=) what's your con?

• perfect01
    January 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Pros- I love the fact that it is no different than the rest of our clothing, just use, wash , repeat.  Easy to clean up baby, no diaper rashes usually and easy for daddy too.

Cons - I can't seem to quit making more, lol!  Love how cute they are!  Also, how much I worried (unnecessarily) about how to use them, what was the best one for us, and how to launder them.

Sewing Diaper Divas