Sewing Diaper Divas

kansasrtamy
Snap Question
December 31, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I will apologize right off..I am new to this so I have a lot to learn.  Ok so I have the babyville boutique snap pliers.  No matter what I do I am smashing the snaps.  The dont seem that bad but I cant get them to snap the diaper closed.  Frusturated!!! Plus does anyone have a good method of removing the bad snap once they are smashed.  I have been trying clippers like the instructions suggested but it can be tuff...just thought of someone had an easier, clever way they might share :)

Replies

• Sarita33
    December 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    Sometimes if you take the black rubber thing off the top press part, you can get a better squish. I had this problem with babyville but quickly switched to kamsnaps and have no issue.

• Sarita33
    December 31, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    Sometimes if clipping doesn't work you can use the pliers backwords and it will crack off. Or sideways, just watch your fingers.
  • kansasrtamy
    December 31, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Thanks for the advice.  I guess I am going to get this kamsnaps pliers. These things are making mad..lol

• kansasrtamy
    December 31, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Can I ask you were you bought them? I went to kamsnaps.com and saw were you can buy the pliers by themselves but didnt know if you had a better suggestion with a kit or something. Thanks again for your help.

• Sarita33
    December 31, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    I did get mine from kamsnaps.com, they go on sale frequently so keep watching. Also they have some packages that you can get snaps and pliers. I'm sure there are other places but I have always ordered from them.
  • Sarita33
    December 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    I strongly suggest using the snaps from there too, huge difference from babyville.
  • perfect01
    December 31, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Kids in the Garden.com and Diapersewingsupplies.com both sell Kam Snaps and Pliers too.  I always buy mine directly from KAMSNAPS.com.  They ship quickly and are very reasonably priced.  I don't like the babyville snaps.  I find that the break often and I don't see that as a bargain.  As far as getting the snaps off, if you have a small soldering iron you can melt the center slightly and it will pull right off.  I think there is a tutorial about it on KAMSNAPS.com.  Good luck on your efforts to make your sweetie diapers.

Sewing Diaper Divas