Sewing Diaper Divas

Cassie2115
How much?
December 17, 2012 at 12:10 PM

How much do you usually sell your diapers for? I'm working on making my own pattern for pocket diapers and would like to sell them at a local consignment shop, but I'm clueless as to how much to charge for them? I spend I'd say about $7 or so per diaper on materials and I'd like to make a semidecent profit. There is literally no place in town that sells cloth diapers. The closest place I would think sells them (and they may not) is about 30 minutes away. I was thinking maybe $15/diaper or so? And maybe throwing together a start pack with a little bit of a discount, maybe 10 diapers for $125. I'm so clueless, but I'd really like to see some sort of profit.

Replies

• Sarita33
    December 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    $15-$18
  • Cassie2115
    December 17, 2012 at 12:15 PM

So I am in the right ballpark.  I really had no idea. I haven't seen any advertisments in my area for cloth 

Quoting Sarita33:

$15-$18

• Sarita33
    December 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM
    Alot depends on materials used and if a insert is included. Good luck with your pattern!
  • Hannahsmommy816
    December 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

what she said. i would start a facebook page....getting testers or intro prices is a great way to get people interested! if you do, invite us :)

• Cassie2115
    December 17, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I'm not quite ready yet, I still need to get a snap pliers and all that before I can finish the diapers I plan to keep for my little one due next summer. I was just curious what to expect to be able to make in profit so the hubs won't think I'm completely nuts.

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

what she said. i would start a facebook page....getting testers or intro prices is a great way to get people interested! if you do, invite us :)

• Ellen.Keith
    December 17, 2012 at 3:33 PM
    I sell mine for $18.00 for pockets. I find that I tend to just use selling them as an way to pay for my hobby of sewing them. It is a hobby that pretty much pays for itself and not much beyond that. ( at least for me)
  • .Angelica.
    December 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I agree with Sarita33, it depends on the materials used and if you include an insert. I am selling my diapers for $16 right now, they are AI2's so they have the insert and I'm including shipping. I don't think I'm making anything on the diapers at this point :/ But I'm doing it at this price right now so that I can get a customer base. I haven't sold too many but the ones I have sold the people have come back and bought more so that is a good sign!

• PeakMommy
    December 17, 2012 at 4:21 PM
    I didn't know you sell! Do you have a Facebook page?

Quoting Ellen.Keith:

I sell mine for $18.00 for pockets. I find that I tend to just use selling them as an way to pay for my hobby of sewing them. It is a hobby that pretty much pays for itself and not much beyond that. ( at least for me)
  • Ellen.Keith
    December 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    Yes. I tend to do mostly local sales so I dont push my sight and I am horrible about updating it. Shame on me ;/.
    The address is: www.facebook.com/countrybumkins01

Quoting PeakMommy:

I didn't know you sell! Do you have a Facebook page?

Quoting Ellen.Keith:

Sewing Diaper Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN