Sewing Diaper Divas

Ma2Liam
CV absorbency
by Ma2Liam
December 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM
How absorbent is CV as a fabric? Like for inserts? Does it absorb quickly? Does it hold the moisture well?
Thanks

Replies

• Ma2Liam
    by Ma2Liam
    December 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
    Wow is it slow in here?
  • perfect01
    December 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I've never used the cotton velour.  You might check kidsinthegarden.com.  If she carried it, she gives some explanation of the fabric and how it works on each item.  I have used organic bamboo fleece and bamboo/hemp fleece with microterry or zorb.  Also used warm and natural batting scraps as middle layers of inserts.  Sorry, can't help with cotton velour.

• Ma2Liam
    by Ma2Liam
    December 5, 2012 at 12:08 AM
    Thanks

Quoting perfect01:

I've never used the cotton velour.  You might check kidsinthegarden.com.  If she carried it, she gives some explanation of the fabric and how it works on each item.  I have used organic bamboo fleece and bamboo/hemp fleece with microterry or zorb.  Also used warm and natural batting scraps as middle layers of inserts.  Sorry, can't help with cotton velour.

• steph.sublette
    December 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Personally I only use it as diaper inner fabric, i find it does not work well for a soaker-it does not hold very much before leaking through.

• Ma2Liam
    by Ma2Liam
    December 6, 2012 at 6:01 PM
    Thanks.

Quoting steph.sublette:

Personally I only use it as diaper inner fabric, i find it does not work well for a soaker-it does not hold very much before leaking through.

• Jeremmy
    by Jeremmy
    December 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Its more a wicking fabric than an absorbent fabric, although it does absorb a bit. It leaves a stay dry feeling when used as the layer touching the skin. Its best paired with something under it that absorbs quickly and holds, like cotton or bamboo fleece.

Sewing Diaper Divas