Sewing Diaper Divas

BostonMomma08
Good pocket pattern?
November 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I've never sewn diapers before but I really want to learn! Today I finally broke down while at Joanns and I bought some PUL and minky and I really want to give it a try! They didn't have the babyville pattern and I really didn't like the look of the sample diaper they have (I don't like the folded over elastic and I'm not a fan of the PUL outter...) So I'm looking for a free/cheap pattern that has detailed but easy to follow instructions... I'm fairly new at the sewing thing period (I have only been doing it for about a year) so I need the basic.

I also want to try some AIOs and AI2s at some point, but I think I just need to stick with one at a time just to get my bearings! 

Replies

• Ma2Liam
    by Ma2Liam
    November 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sh84LK19VNE

This is what I watched to learn how to sew. You can google Rita's rump pattern and sub in your layers for theirs. If I remember it is more like a fitted, but this was my first pattern I used.

Also if you check out the diaper directory sticky in this group they have a ton of pattern suggestions. Some free and some not.
  • xtwistedxlovex
    November 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I love the Cloth Revolution pattern. There are quite a few free ones in the Diaper Directory. As for paid patterns, LaDiDa and FattyCakes are pretty popular.

Sewing Diaper Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts