Sewing Diaper Divas

.Angelica.
Gussets?
November 9, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Anyone have a good tutorial for adding gussets to an AI2? My diapers are usually PUL outer and microfleece inner.

Replies

• xtwistedxlovex
    November 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Here's a pocket gusset tut. Two more general tuts: ONE and TWO.

• perfect01
    November 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I use gussets in all the diapers I make (AI2's).  Mine are PUL outer and inner (so they can be wiped out) with snap in petal inserts.  One of the things it took me a while to get was how to get the gusset to lay (play) nice when I was sewing the inner to the outer.  Finally solved it.  I actually use lastin elastic instead of FOE, so I put the lastin on the straight edge of the gusset using a 3 step zigzag stitch, turn it after the elastic is attached to enclose the elastic, then I baste the gusset in place on the leg openings of the outside piece with right sides of the fabric together.  When I sew the inner to the outer, it goes much smoother, then when I turn it right side out and top stitch the diaper, it naturally rolls the outer in the depth of the elastic on the leg openings so that you are sewing a channel for the elastic and getting the gussets to lay properly inside the leg, not jutting out.  By the way, I saw another way to do channel gussets on the inner lining with 2 rows of elastic sewn into the inner microfleece.  It was on Youtube and of course, I can't find it this morning.  Here is a video for quarter moon gussets though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNKeMV7i38U

Sewing Diaper Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN