Sewing Diaper Divas

ank_mom2be
fabric glue?
November 9, 2012 at 11:51 AM
I have a pattern for hidden pul and the instructions say to use fabric glue to adhere the outer layer to the pul. Is it necessary to have fabric glue for that? Or can I skip that step and rely on the polyester thread to hold it together?

Replies

• mrsrobin
    November 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    I use a washable craft glue stick. It eventually washes off, but after its all been sewn together really well.
  • ank_mom2be
    November 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    Thanks. I just don't have the glue stick yet. And didn't want to have to put off my project even longer.

Quoting mrsrobin:

I use a washable craft glue stick. It eventually washes off, but after its all been sewn together really well.
  • mrsrobin
    November 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    I've made without glue. Its just WAY easier with it.

Quoting ank_mom2be:

Thanks. I just don't have the glue stick yet. And didn't want to have to put off my project even longer.

Quoting mrsrobin:

• .Angelica.
    November 9, 2012 at 8:50 PM
    I used to pin my diapers but now I use glue cause its Sooo much easier
  • Sarita33
    November 9, 2012 at 9:28 PM
    You don't need it, it just helps things from shifting. You can use clips or pins in the seam allowance.
  • xtwistedxlovex
    November 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I would think you would not want to use fabric glue. Any type I've used wasn't meant to be sewn through - whether by hand or machine, you just plain couldn't do it. Elmer's glue, on the other hand, can be very helpful for keeping your pattern pieces from shifting around.

• perfect01
    November 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM

If you have binder clips or hair pins (the old fashioned bobby pins) they work great for holding the layers together while sewing also and no pin holes.

• ank_mom2be
    November 10, 2012 at 12:02 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Quoting perfect01:

If you have binder clips or hair pins (the old fashioned bobby pins) they work great for holding the layers together while sewing also and no pin holes.

Sewing Diaper Divas

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN