Moms with Teens

RaiderMommy
Teenagers!!! They think they know everything!
September 2, 2009 at 11:44 AM

My son is 14 and is a sophmore. He is a really good kid, very intelligent, down to earth and I must admit a good cook lol. But, as with almost every teenager walking this earth (self included at that age) he thinks he knows EVERYTHING!!! At his school, they are on block scheduling (4 classes per semester LOVE IT!!) So this was his schedule at the beginning of the year (all of 3 weeks ago) Chemistry, Pre-Calc, Floriculture, Teachers assistant for Food Science. 

Well he decides that he doesn't "like" Chemistry and switches that to Choir on Friday. By Monday, he doesnt like that and tries to switch to Digital Photography well they are already 3 weeks in and catching up would be a huge task, especially for someone who knows nothing about photography. So now he wants back in to Chemistry. Ha!

When he came home on Friday with this news, my first instinct was to go up to the school on Monday and change it back. But my son has already said I have helicoptor tendencies so I said I'll just be disgusted and won't do anything. He's a sophmore now and he knows what he needs to have completed by graduation, so he can make his own decisions on how he accomplishes that. 

Yesterday, he tried to switch back and his counselor made a comment about how she will not be switching any more classes as we are working on a month into school. Totally understandable. So NOW he wants me to talk to her to switch his class back. 

He debated me down on how he really didnt need chemistry and if he did he could do it later and yadda yadda yadda all weekend. My point was why not knock it out anyway. Plus having only one real challenge class was weak looking. So now, he concedes that I was right and he was wrong! Yay!

Mom-1 Boy-0 

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    September 2, 2009 at 8:17 PM

LMAO  Momma !!! God I love when they Know everything.There are times when mine speak and I say STOP! remember this moment~because You will Never be this smart again! (weird look from kid) Cause Right NOW you know EVERYTHING !!!

• samthecat001
    September 2, 2009 at 8:21 PM

lol.  they DO think they know it all.
    my daughter made cookies the other night.... i told her...do you want me to check - make sure they're right.  "NO MOM I KNOW HOW TO DO IT ***sighs and eye roll*** i KNOW how to do it"
    guess what....
    -she threw the package away before getting all the instructions
    -didnt preheat oven
    -then preheated oven to the wrong temp - not accounting for dark non-stick baking sheet
    -didnt melt the butter all the way
    -put TOO BIG drops of dough on the cookie sheets.

lol

ugh.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN