Moms with Teens

atpeace7
Do you know the 'magical words"?
September 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM

My 17 yr old daughter will admit that she has anger issues towards her Dad, (whom she mainly lives with) and she will explain the reasons, etc and yes, she knows she needs to forgive him. The best way to describe her behavior and attitude., is that she's got the worst case of PMS you've ever seen. I don't know if her irritableness is actually caused by PMS,  maybe it is! nonetheless, there are times it is just really hard to 'navigate' her when she is so. Nothing I say or do is right, and believe me, I'm doing everything I know to not bring attention to her,and 'not' upset the apple cart, and I don't think I'm trying too hard either...there must be some magical words out there (lol)or maybe something I can do that will calm her nerves and bring peace...lol....got the "praying" covered... Suggestions anyone?

Replies

• KatCh
    by KatCh
    September 1, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I wish I knew them, but maybe the next best thing is to find her a therapist to help her work out her issues with her father. You can't tiptoe around her until she grows into an adult, because it's too stressful for you, and knowing you have to forgive someone doesn't mean it's easy to do, especially when you don't want to.

• cat727
    by cat727
    September 2, 2009 at 12:35 AM

first off, she needs to know everyone of us have imperfections. we still love . ask her does she want to feel angry and bitter her whole life or does she want to enjoy life. then tell her to write her anger or frustrations in a journal and pray to GOD to take them and dont think about them again. let go and let god. to love her parents , even with our imperfections. we all have them. love unconditionally. but when mad to write it out. dont react right away wait a few hours and see if she still feels the same to talk about it. there is also hotlines for children to talk. it is not healthy to her to be the way she is now. not to her body or mind.  there is a right way to handle feelings and a wrong way. she needs guidance in finding the right way. forgiveness and healing is abig step to go on healthy.  magical words- love and forgiveness

Moms with Teens