Moms with Teens

lynn63042
Do you expect your kids to get you something for Mother's Day?
May 2, 2009 at 6:35 PM

I always want a card, the same for my birthday.  It always means a lot to me. They have the money and time to plan out getting a card.  If I ever get more than that, I would be overjoyed! What about you?

Replies

• nojomommy07
    May 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I don't expect anything, no...but it's nice when they give me hand made cards or just give me giant hugs and kisses that day.  My dh buys stuff for them to give me usually, so they always do get me something, but they don't HAVE to.  I appreciate the gesture though!  :)

• denise0711
    May 2, 2009 at 11:00 PM

I am one of those moms who just want a day of peace and quiet . Maybe just a day of all my kids getting along and no yelling at each other. I guess that will have to wait til they are grown up...

A card would be a treat and my oldest does look for something I would like each yr now that she works. Usually just a gift card to the local bookstore which is a dream for me since I am addicted to reading everything..

Happy Mothers Day Ladies and enjoy your youngums while they are still young....

• ThatTXMom
    May 2, 2009 at 11:08 PM

I am also a "PEACE ONLY" mom on Mother's Day and my birthday.  It is a given that there isno arguing, begging, taxi-service, etc... on those two days.  :) 

My baby (12) is the one who makes me breakfast. He gets his sister (15) to help make the coffee and then he serves me toast and coffee.  LOL  Only toast because I do not eat breakfast.  So he had no clue what to to make (and with limited abilities when he started this tradition) he just make toast.  Suits me fine.  :)

The hubby usually gives me $100 and tells me to get what I want.  The only rule, I cannot spend it on anything for the house or kids.  I have bought my favorite sunglasses (Sarengeti - sp) and I have bought clothes.  I have also done the day at the salon.  This year... I am getting a 3 1/2 hour spa treatment.  Awwwwwwwwww.............................................

• nymommyof5
    May 2, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I dont expect to get anything but I really do enjoy when the kids make me a home made card or a picture. I love to see the pride in their eyes as they present me with my "present" lol. Its the greatest feeling in the world!

• 3mommy3
    by 3mommy3
    May 2, 2009 at 11:58 PM

No, I don't....I actually get a little upset with him when he spends money he has worked for on me(us). Crazy, I know....I just feel like that is his extra cash and should be spent on himself and his wants.

That being said: He does buy for us on all holidays, Bdays and such. He also makes dinner for me on Mother's Day. He and DH used to do this when he was smaller....Now he does it and lets his little brother and sister help as much as possible.

• Wyndi
    by Wyndi
    May 3, 2009 at 1:30 AM

each year my kids make me breakfast in bed and clean up the kitchen. For me that more than enough. yet DH takes them shopping and they get me my bedding plants for the summer. I've finally gotten them to not waste money on cut flowers but to buy me plants that I can enjoy for months or years (like my roses).

Dh grills dinner and the kids do the sides for him (he can't multi task that way).  

• my3babes
    May 3, 2009 at 3:09 AM

I don't expect them to but I know their going to they always do, no matter if it's something they've made at school or just something they already have and want to give to me or something they've bought I know I'm getting something. My kids are so sweet!! My hubby always gets me some kind of flowers to plant in my flower garden from him & the kids. It doesn't take much to make me happy I love the little things.

• threeBoysMommy
    May 3, 2009 at 8:10 AM

I dont but I bought something for DH to give to them to give to me. Its a picture blown up. I know he would feel horrible if he didnt get me something...... let me explain a little more.... WE BOOKED OUR FIRST CRUISE!!!!! So this year we are going VERY cheap with each other. We have come to a point in our lives that we would rather a BIG thing together then a bunch of little things apart..... but then there leaves Mothers day and My bday... same week.... this is the picture... he still needs to get a frame though!!!

Forgot to say my youngest bday is also the same week as Mothers day and my bday... May 9th little ones party, May 10th Mothers day, May 13th my day, May 14 his bday,My 16 a baby shower I am hosting for my brothers gf,  May 26th my daddies bday, May 30th our 15 year Hs Family Picnic...... this is also why I will be only getting a blown up picture LOL

• summerdayz
    May 3, 2009 at 8:12 AM

No I do not expect them to get me something just because it's Mother's Day. I'm not big on all of those ridiculous holidays.  My daughter loves to make cards, so she always makes a card and I buy all of my plants sometime around mother's day...so I tell the kids the plants are from them. LOL ! It makes them feel good because they know how much I like my plants !!  :)

• 4purplelion
    May 3, 2009 at 12:00 PM

this sounds great, as well as no arguing or fighting!

Quoting Wyndi:

each year my kids make me breakfast in bed and clean up the kitchen. For me that more than enough. yet DH takes them shopping and they get me my bedding plants for the summer. I've finally gotten them to not waste money on cut flowers but to buy me plants that I can enjoy for months or years (like my roses).

Dh grills dinner and the kids do the sides for him (he can't multi task that way).  

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts