Moms with Teens

lynn63042
Can your teens cook for themselves?
May 2, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I mean like other than microwave stuff or ramen noodles?  I remember when I was young we did not have a microwave so if I cooked for myself we would make grilled cheese sandwhiches or boil hot dogs... my brother would always fry up some bologna.. lol!  What can you kids cook?

Replies

• nojomommy07
    May 2, 2009 at 8:30 PM

My son likes to cook when we let him.  He'll bake..although those creations don't always turn out, lol.  He likes to make french toast and eggs, he'll make pancakes or pudding from scratch.  He actually enjoys it, so I make sure I encourage that!

• damira
    by damira
    May 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM

he makes homemade elephant ears

• jlm513
    by jlm513
    May 2, 2009 at 8:58 PM

no ... my daughter is lazy...

• tracylynnr67
    May 3, 2009 at 12:29 AM

My sons all learned to cook when were very young. We all take turns cooking supper here. I never wanted them to be helpless in the kitchen when they are bachelors.

• 3mommy3
    by 3mommy3
    May 3, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Yes, and he is quite good at it. He has grown up in and around the food business so he has learned a lot through the years.

We own a catering business and his Gma owned a bakery. He has had the best of both worlds(LOL). I have to admit he has gotten better at a few things than we are.  

• Wyndi
    by Wyndi
    May 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM

My DD can and even makes breads and meals.

My DS can as long as he has a recipe with directions for it. Good thing I have shelves of cookbooks.  

• my3babes
    May 3, 2009 at 2:53 AM

My 15 yr old DD knows how to cook alot of things. She has helped & watched me in the kitchen for years also she has took home ec. for a few yrs at school so she is really turning into a little chef. she has even gave me a few good tips. On the other hand my 19 yr old is clueless in the kitchen I hope she can afford a cook when she leaves the nest or she'll be doing alot of eating out..lol.

• summerdayz
    May 3, 2009 at 8:22 AM

My oldest son is 32 and never cooked anything when he was younger. My second son is almost 28 and always enjoyed making different things. My third son is 16, and is helpless in the kitchen. LOL ! But my daughter, who is 14, loves to cook and bake !!  :)

• Mommyx308
    May 3, 2009 at 8:53 AM

My son loves to cook. He makes dinner for the family at least one night  a week. He went through a phase where he wanted to be a chef and he would cook for us almost every night. I think it's great that you teach your kids how to cook. This is a life skill they can not live without!

• lynn63042
    May 3, 2009 at 9:33 AM

That is awesome!  I am 38 years old and just started getting my pancakes to turn out right!  LOL!

Quoting nojomommy07:

My son likes to cook when we let him.  He'll bake..although those creations don't always turn out, lol.  He likes to make french toast and eggs, he'll make pancakes or pudding from scratch.  He actually enjoys it, so I make sure I encourage that!

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts