Moms with Teens

bb1214
Home work checks
by bb1214
April 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Do you check to see if your child does his/her homework or do you just leave it to them, because it is their responsibility?

In His service,

Brenda

Replies

• goldilocks70
    April 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM
    I absolutely check everyones homework. I don't want anyone to get behind.
  • krisr169
    April 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM

As usual I'm all up in their business, LOL.  My daughter is awesome at doing what she's supposed to but has senior brain now so I'm constantly reminding her of what she needs to do.  My son is the world's worst at homework.  He won't tell me he has any, he hides it, doesn't turn it in when he does do it....the list goes on and on. 

• KatCh
    by KatCh
    April 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM

I checked everyday when the kids were in elementary school. Part of the homework was to have your parent sign the homework. By the time they got to middle school, I still checked occasionally, but not as much. The school gave out progress reports every so often and I would know if homework was missing. Also, the teachers didn't hesitate to call you if your child was missing quite a few or was missing on a regular basis. Thankfully, my kids are good about doing their homework.

• Stephanies5
    April 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM

They're usually okay with homework but will never study for tests.  I e-mail teachers each week to get test schedules for the week so I can make sure they study.  Then ofcourse my husband or I (depending on the subject) review with them to make sure they know what they're doing.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts