Moms with Teens

lynn63042
Your teens going Prom?
April 24, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Both mine are.  My daughter is 15 and is a freshman... she is going with a junior.  My son is a Junior (17)and is going with another junior.  I was not 100% on board with my daughter going but she has a 4.0 and has not been in any trouble all year so we decided she could go.... plus I went all four years when I was in high school. I worry still but they are pretty good kids.  My husband drives limos on the weekends and he has had so many prom parties dump out alcohol, since it is not allowed in the vehicle. The girls hide it in their big purses and back packs. He has even had to tell the parents and most times the parents did not believe him.. No limo for my kids...LOL!

Replies

• TJones32
    April 24, 2009 at 12:05 PM

My son is a freshman so he won't be going he probably wouldn't go anyway I have yet to get him to go to a dance!!

• 4EverAMommy
    April 24, 2009 at 2:56 PM

My teens are 14 (b) and 13 (g) and both are very shy.  Even if they had been invited I really don't think that either of them would go.  I guess though they will outgrow it and maybe by their junior year they will get out of it.

• koolest_mom_of4
    April 24, 2009 at 3:11 PM

My Oldest is only 13 but I'm sure that when the time comes he will attend : )  

• krissylea77
    April 24, 2009 at 3:56 PM

One of mine went a couple of weeks ago.  He had to go without his girlfriend because she got grounded for skipping one of her classes.  He went ahead without her because he was on the Royal Court.  He had a lot of fun.  My other one is going to his tomorrow night.  He is so excited!  He almost missed being able to go because he WAS on the school's D/F list.  If you're on the list, you can't participate in extra activities at school.  It's unbelieveable how motivated a kid can become to get things done if it's going to keep him from doing something he's looking forward to. 

• busykids
    April 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM

My oldest is only 13 but I'm sure that when the time comes he will want to go, i am scared and  nervous already.

• pam228
    by pam228
    April 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM

My oldest daughter Julie goes next weekend.

• lynn63042
    April 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM

My kids have it on May the 9, they day before mother's day...

Quoting pam228:

My oldest daughter Julie goes next weekend.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts