Moms with Teens

LexsiesMommy
She has cancer again~
April 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I told you ladies i would keep you posted.

i can't believe we have to do this all over again....

My Niece who is 19 for the second time in her young life has to battle cancer again,

We found out today her pet scans came back and the lymphoma is now in her neck ,behind the left breast, and deep in the muscle of the left armpit....She battled with this deadly disease last summer, six months after her daddy my brother got diagnosed with pancreatic liver cancer....he passed away only weeks ago, ....

she is scared ....but we are keeping her up lifted during this time,

she didn't want to go through all of this again.

shortly she will be going to detroit, to get a bone marrow procedure done, ....

Replies

• christyg
    April 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Oh, I am so sorry!!!

• summerdayz
    April 21, 2009 at 6:50 PM

ahhhhhh, I am so very sorry.  Prayers for a miracle so the cancer will disappear.
    My friend's little 5 yr old nephew was just recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. :(

• tracylynnr67
    April 21, 2009 at 8:07 PM

(((HUGS))) and prayers being sent your weight. 

• glitterteaz
    April 21, 2009 at 8:11 PM

that is so not good that  poor baby!!!

• MrsBLB
    by MrsBLB
    April 22, 2009 at 12:15 AM

That poor child...prayers are being said for ya'll.  Hang tuff...

im sorry 

• osmom93
    by osmom93
    April 22, 2009 at 8:36 AM

I'll lift your niece to the throne of grace for healing and courage and peace. I'm SO sorry that this is happening in your lives.

Blessings, 

• kristi95
    April 22, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I am so sorry for you and your family.  Children should not have to got through this type of thing.  My prayers are with you and your family.

• tealadyd
    April 22, 2009 at 9:39 AM

OMG, that would be so terrifying to have to go through....especially considering the recent loss of her daddy.  I don't blame her for not wanting to go through this again.  She will need lots of positive energy from you guys.  So keep her pumped up.  My daughter had a very aggressive form of Lymphoblastic Lukemia that had spread all over her lymph system, and they had very little hope for her.  By the grace of God she came out of it just fine. That was 20 years ago, and she continues to be healthy.  Good luck.

• LexsiesMommy
    April 22, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Thank you so very much.......<3  your words give me strength....

My niece is actually throwing a fit today...i am trying to see her point...but i dont care about her point right now,

we are in the process of pulling strings to get her into st judes hospital and she doesnt want to go and threw a little protest about it,...

but i told her we wanted the best possible care for her .....since...the people and treatment here isn't working..she got it again.......

she just doesn't want to live there.....at the hospital i understand that...

but we can get a hotel or something for the durations she is down there....so she doesn't have to "live there'....we would always be with her..and she nominated me to go down there ..i have two little girls...so i told her i would switch off with my mom...her mom....and myself...

she would go with one or more of us.....each time....she likes the idea...now...and now we are just trying to get her in....since she is 19 just turned...they believe they can take her on as one of their own patients...but it isn't for certain yet,...

• christyg
    April 22, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Quoting LexsiesMommy:

she just doesn't want to live there.....at the hospital i understand that...

but we can get a hotel or something for the durations she is down there....so she doesn't have to "live there'....we would always be with her..and she nominated me to go down there ..i have two little girls...so i told her i would switch off with my mom...her mom....and myself...

Is there a Ronald McDonald house close by? I would imagine that a hospital as big as St Jude would have one.... but I'm not sure if you qualify since she's 19. I would check into it if I were you, they can provide you with a free place to stay, and sometimes a meal or two!

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts