Moms with Teens

JennyMarie
How do your Teens Dress?
April 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM

I was just wondering how your teens dress. The girls and boys.

My son is in that faze were he wants to dress like a skater. He is 14 and I swear all of them are dressing like this. He won't even let me take him to get his hair cut.

So How do yours dress?

Replies

• summerdayz
    April 15, 2009 at 8:09 AM

My son is 16 and wears mostly Tony Hawk clothes from Kohl's.  I love Kohl's and buy all the kid's clothes there. I don't see it as any particular style, it's just jeans and t-shirts. Tony Hawk has the coolest shirts though, I love them !!! My daughter is 14 , and isn't into any particular style either, jeans and t-shirts. She loves to clothes shop, and loves jewelry too !!!!!! We cannot go into Kohl's without coming out with jewelry. LOL !  But she's a shopper though, hits those clearance racks and finds all kinds of great stuff. :)

• DebraA
    by DebraA
    April 15, 2009 at 9:00 AM

My dtr when she was in middle school tried to dress in  an inappropriate way but I was lucky to be home and checked her out each morning.  Now that she's a senior, due to graduate in 7 weeks she dresses to the nines some days and a bum the next but nothing slutty or reveling.  We have a tough dress code in our school (not always followed) but it's there if needed.

I remember the clothes fights in the mornings with her and my son who wanted to wear the same pants day in and day out, I had to hide them so I could wash them once or twice a week.

Glad those days are done and over.  Good Luck!

• sonjaf
    by sonjaf
    April 15, 2009 at 9:05 AM

My daughter is 16, when she was in middle school she had to wear everything from Hot Topic, now that she is in high school she is totally opposite and wears Sperry shoes, jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. Of course she also loves anything from Hollister, Abercrombie and Aeropostal but we are not made out of money, so those are usually bought on clearance or second hand from Plato's Closet.

• mommybug77
    April 15, 2009 at 10:21 AM

My girls have to wear uniforms to school so they don't get much choice in how they dress. At home it is jeans & t-shirt 

• 2protectivemom
    April 15, 2009 at 10:35 AM

My son who is almost 18 and a Senior dresses in decent blue jeans or khakis or cargo shorts and usually wears a Polo shirt, or a tshirt that has the school logo on it.  As for his hair, he goes back and forth between a short Mohawk, and having it buzzed.  Right now it's buzzed, more appropriate when doing college interviews than a mohawk is.  LOL

My 13 year old daughter dresses basically the same way.  If she wears shorts, it is the longer ones that come to the knee.  She is a cheerleader and plays softball, so she wears her warm up suits that she has from them alot. 

Their school is pretty strict on the dress code, no holes in jeans, no underwear showing, shorts must pass the finger tip test, no revealing shirts.  If you wear these things they will call parents and have them bring something appropriate. 

• misspixie67
    April 15, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I have a skater dude too,only he hates Tony Hawk clothes!!  He wears DC, element, circa, hurley, he got DC flip flops for Easter. 

• MsNikki3boys
    April 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    There style of dressing is a phase just think back to when you where a teen and the crazy look you thought was hot. Just stay cool and set limits to how crazy they can look. Let them know there is a time and place to dress a certain way. As long as you don't allow them to be to outrageous they will be okay Kids love to know someone really cares and allowing them to be down with flavor gives you brownie points tooo!!!!
  • goldilocks70
    April 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM

My 16 and 11 yr old girls wear stuff from Hot Topic, Pac Sun, Tilly's, Anchor Blue.  I love taking them shoe shopping, there's this cool skater store called Pharmacy where I live .  I spend way too much on clothes for the kids. 

• lizmarie1975
    April 15, 2009 at 12:44 PM

My son pretty much wears jeans and tshirts on weekends.  He doesn't really care about fashion.  He wears a uniform to school.

Due to school policy his hair cannot be longer than his shirt collar so it's kept relatively short.

• nojomommy07
    April 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM

My ds likes his hair a liitle longer than we like it, alternately baggy or tighter jeans, tshirts & hoodies.  He really likes stuff from American Eagle (the skateboarding brands like Famous & Adio) and he likes Zumiez, but it's a bit too expensive as far as I'm concerned. 

Moms with Teens