Moms with Teens

StreetsAhead
Open house policy?
March 17 at 3:57 PM

We always have an open door if people want to pop in. No need to ask. Just come on in. This is the same for family, our friends and DS's friends. 

Our basement has become the main spot inside that DS and his friends hang out in. 

I was out today and the woman I was with said that this was really strange and no way she would allow her kids (when older) to do that. If they wanted friends around they have to ask before. And even then numbers would be limited.

What is your 'policy'?

Replies

• mom8-18
    by mom8-18
    March 17 at 4:08 PM
    We have an open door policy. Our kids and their friends hang out at our place all the time. I figure if they are home they aren't getting into trouble and they are safe.
  • Niccalyn
    March 17 at 4:13 PM

Same here!

Quoting mom8-18: We have an open door policy. Our kids and their friends hang out at our place all the time. I figure if they are home they aren't getting into trouble and they are safe.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    March 17 at 4:48 PM
    Mine knew a least one weekend night they could have 5 to 10 friends. They would say which night etc.
    Every night no, but a weekend night was party central (no alcohol). We paid for soda chips and pizza.
  • cybcm
    by cybcm
    March 17 at 4:50 PM
    Open door to anyone 24/7. To the extent where there are a few extra people with keys. It's just how we like it.
    I get confused when people knock on the door, haha.
  • Not_A_Native
    March 18 at 8:51 AM

Open door.  I raised 4 kids, and we always had a few extra kids here.  I just fed them lol.

• beerabitch69
    March 18 at 8:58 AM

same.  I am never without other peoples kids.

• Hannahluvsdogs
    March 18 at 10:09 AM

We don't have an open door because DH & I both work and I don't trust other people's kids as much as I trust my own. I'm not comfortable with kids going in and out if neither of us is home. On weekends they can have friends over but they do have to ask first. Not because we say no but because it's respectful.

• my2kidsmom9498
    March 18 at 11:18 AM

We are like you, "Come on in!!"

• mommyofthezoo03
    March 18 at 4:04 PM

Basically anytime is fine by us. I would much much rather be the house to hang out at then not know what is going on with my dd. Thankfully I am a mom that is well liked and the kids openly talk to me about things like boyfriend trouble, trouble at home, school trouble etc. DD is quite happy with this. It is not our policy to turn her friends away or put limits unless she is grounded for some reason.

• Beachdeprived
    March 18 at 4:25 PM

Well, no open house policy here. First off, my DH and I work full time. I prefer a quieter house and I would not be comfortable with anyone and everyone hanging out at my place nor do I trust everyone. My DD would indeed need to ask permission and yes, numbers would be limited... and it's not like she would be allowed to have boys hanging around. Besides, my hubby is P.O. and sleeps during the day and I guess because of his job, we tend to not be as trusting which in our experience, has been a good thing.

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN