Moms with Teens

Reina13
What is YOUR favorite holiday memory from your childhood?
by Reina13
December 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Do you have a favorite holiday memory from your childhood?

Replies

• wakymom
    by wakymom
    December 20, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Probably the Christmas when I got my first basic Lego set. My dad sat w/ me in the living room showing me the best way to get things to stay together well, and I think he had more fun w/ them that day than I did : )  I think I was about 7 or 8.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 20, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Going to Florida several times for Christmas and New years.  I loved being in the sun and not in the snow and cold. 

• PurpleHazey
    December 21, 2013 at 6:34 AM

I remember all the great holidays with both of my parents, my dad would sit at the table and my mom would hand out the gifts....oh I wish I could have those days back!

• themomof3boys
    December 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    Going to my Aunt Esther's(who actually was my great aunt) on Christmas Eve for her desserts and her gifts and then racing home to beat Santa home, and to open our one Christmas present from my other aunt, whose present we still to this day open on Christmas Eve with my kids.
  • mumsy2three
    December 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM

When I was younger I lived in Massachusetts and my cousin's lived in Pennsylvania. I always loved travelling here to PA or having them with us in MA. The excitement of waiting for them to arrive or arriving at there house, then just being able to spend time hanging out and celebrating the holiday.

Now we all live in PA, with the exception of one cousin. We still get to spend the holidays together.

• mommersx4
    December 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My favorite was one Easter. I was about 9. My dad took me to the pet shop to get dog food. In the window, they had baby ducklings running around. I didn't even ask if I could have one, I knew the answer. I always had loved feeding the ducks at the pond, by my Grandma's. All of a sudden I see strange plastic containers on the counter and my dad saying, do we need anything else to the man that owned the pet shop. I burst in to tears and was handed my baby duckling. I can still remember how he smelled and how soft he was. We named him Hughie and he lived in our garden chasing the dogs and eating all the snails. He swam in a  wading pool. I also will never forget my moms face when we drove up!!

• drfink
    by drfink
    December 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM

My dad was in a horrible car wreck the fall I was nine..He came very close to dying several times.He was in about 9 weeks...he came home the morning of Christmas eve.Our wonderful neighbors on both sides built a ramp over the threshold onto our porch and one over the threshold of our front door.They had painted  it red and green.He was wheel chair bound for several months.

His hair hadn't been really cut since the wreck.. A barbershop truck came that afternoon.It was fascinating ,my sister and I had never seen anything like that.

• Barabell
    December 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

My sisters and I would always do some crazy wrapping of presents on Christmas Eve. It was really fun, and it was a great way for us to bond. :-)

• notjstanothrmom
    December 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Santa coming. He would drop gifts off early at my Grandma's house. We would ALL be inside (well... or so we thought) and then all of a sudden a big bag of gifts were waiting outside.

That plus just being with my cousins.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    December 21, 2013 at 7:52 PM

when my stepdad bought me some pajamas with feet and a flap in the back as a joke and I ruined it for him because I loved them they were so comfy LOL.

His real gift was an instant camera and film for it which was used to get pics in my new pajamas standing in front of the tree

Moms with Teens