Moms with Teens

02nana07
Do any of your teens have a
Ida
December 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM

problem when getting blood taken.

My son has a problem because his blood is so thick they have to use a syringe to draw his blood.

Today he had to have bloodwork and they got it the 1st time which never happens

clapping

Replies

• cybcm
    by cybcm
    December 3, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Don't they always use a syringe? I don't think I've ever seen blood taken differently.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    December 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    Not really
  • luckysevenwow
    December 3, 2013 at 8:19 PM

My DD get's faint and light headed, but that's it, it's pretty funny actually :)

• 02nana07
    Ida
    December 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM

You know how they normally put a tube in and can change tubes.  Not with him they use the type they give a shot with and pull back to suction the blood out because it won't fill the tubes it is to thick.

Quoting cybcm:

Don't they always use a syringe? I don't think I've ever seen blood taken differently.

• 02nana07
    Ida
    December 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM

You are lucky he has passed out from then trying so many times and then they have to give up.

Quoting atlmom2: Not really

• 02nana07
    Ida
    December 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

ok

Quoting luckysevenwow:

My DD get's faint and light headed, but that's it, it's pretty funny actually :)

• SAMI_JO
    by SAMI_JO
    December 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Yes! DS totally freaks out just to stick his finger. But I am glad, that gives me some peace that he won't be shooting up drugs.

• cybcm
    by cybcm
    December 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    Must be a different country thing, we always get the plain syringe. Only time I've seen a tube used is on my DH post surgery.

Quoting 02nana07:

You know how they normally put a tube in and can change tubes.  Not with him they use the type they give a shot with and pull back to suction the blood out because it won't fill the tubes it is to thick.

Quoting cybcm:

• 02nana07
    Ida

my daughter was like that she would cry as soon as she found out there was a needle involved my boys never cared even the one they have the problem getting his blood.   You would think he would be the one with the problem.  I agree about shooting up though I thought the same thing and was glad she hated needles LOL 

Quoting SAMI_JO:

Yes! DS totally freaks out just to stick his finger. But I am glad, that gives me some peace that he won't be shooting up drugs.

• mommyneedssleep
    Mine passes out if she sees it happening or there is any trace Of blood when they are done

Moms with Teens

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts